Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ironchapman

Piedmont Park Expansion

5 posts in this topic

More good news for urban greenspace here! :yahoo:

Piedmont Park set for expansion

The Piedmont Park Conservancy this week unveiled a $72 million plan to improve 53 acres of parkland that never was accessible to the general public. Once complete, the park's northern tip would offer trails next to a creek, a skate park with concessions and a playground accessible to handicapped children and adults.

I read about this yesterday. Looks good.

OK, I used to live in Atlanta and there was great controversy about the Conservancy wanting to eliminate festivals, etc, from the Park. What ever happened? Did this get resolved? Dogwood, Gay pride, others are still there or elsewhere?

OK, I used to live in Atlanta and there was great controversy about the Conservancy wanting to eliminate festivals, etc, from the Park. What ever happened? Did this get resolved? Dogwood, Gay pride, others are still there or elsewhere?

ryan - I really think the way the new road will be treated will be very unobtrusive. The detailed site plans look very nice, and the road will be almost a non-issue with stone pathway bridges, etc. Considering what's there now, I honestly think it's a total win-win for all of us.