Downtown LR outside the River Market area

The term "national brand" covers a lot of ground. Do you have an idea about what brand it may be?

I just hope the Chi family doesn't influence the restaurant too much. For as successful as they are, I really only like Sushi Cafe. The original Chi's has never been much. The Chi's impersonation of Pei Wei out on Chenal was awful the one time I went and the RJ Tao thing has been a disaster.

I just hope the Chi family doesn't influence the restaurant too much. For as successful as they are, I really only like Sushi Cafe. The original Chi's has never been much. The Chi's impersonation of Pei Wei out on Chenal was awful the one time I went and the RJ Tao thing has been a disaster.

The Chi's on Old Cantrell is really quite good.  I avoided it for a while because I, too, was not impressed with Chi's at Shackleford and Markham.  I never made it to RJ Tao before it came and went. 

• 2 weeks later...

The old Sterling building just west of the Hall and Davidson buildings(Capitol Lofts) has been purchased and will be redeveloped into ground floor retail and the upper two floors as office space and apartments. The new owner is looking to get a grocery store to take up some of the retail in order to service the new residents in the area.

• 3 months later...

The Sterling Building Annex will soon be home to The Southern Gourmasian. For the past few years they have been operating a food truck but now they are going brick and mortar.They are holding a kickstarter campaign to finish out the dinning area of the restaurant. 

Their Kickstarter campaign ended yesterday and it was successful. Look for them to open sometime after the first of the year.

• 3 weeks later...

More good news for the CBD. Mylo Coffee Co. is opening a second location in the Sterling Building and it will be joined by Crossfit Composure. Around the corner Jerky's Spicy Chicken and More will be relocating there. These new businesses will join soon to open The Southern Gourmasian and the long established EJ's Eats & More and LuLav Modern Eatery on the block.

• Like 1

Scott Reed is in the process of purchasing two building  on the southside of the 200 block of West Capitol. To be known as Capitol Lofts the redevelopment will contain 56 apartments and retail at street level. One of the buildings is 5 story and the other is 3 story. Reed is also involved with two other projects on Main Street. When completed there will be over 200 residential units with two blocks of Main and Capitol.

The developer is looking to locate three restaurants in the building along with a rumored brewery. If this turns out then the block will contain 9 places to get something to eat. If you add the coffee shop and promised well known restaurant going into the Aloft on the next block to the east then will this be the place to dine in Little Rock? Will it pull traffic from the River Market?

This building was demolished a couple days ago.  I don't know what this was but it's gone now :/

Hopefully something new is built here or we'll have another empty surface parking lot :(  My android camera is broken so I can't take a picture of the demo site. 

yJ8E2dV.png

Edited by bigbank10x

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Something might be in the works for the half block between Scott and Cumberland fronting E. Capitol. MT is representing the owner and is asking the city to abandon the alley running between the east and west quarters of the block. At this time the owner uses the property as a parking lot including the alley.   Being one block from Main and the Aloft, under construction, I don't think this property will remain a parking lot for long.

That half block is owned by Walter Hussman, owner of WEHCO Media and the Arknsas Democrat-Gazette. The ADG offices are on the block immediately to the southwest of this lot. There seems to be some excited anticipation about his future plans after he buys the alley, but this may just be wishful thinking.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

According to the DemGaz, Ruth's Chris is wanting to put in a corporate store in Downtown Little Rock and approached the city about one particular location.  The plaza between the DoubleTree and the Old State House.  The city apparently gave it a cool reception.  It's city-owned property that would be leased to a local company and then subleased to Ruth's Chris.

I've attached a photo from Google of the proposed location.

Any thoughts?  

RUTHSCHRIS.jpg

According to the DemGaz, Ruth's Chris is wanting to put in a corporate store in Downtown Little Rock and approached the city about one particular location.  The plaza between the DoubleTree and the Old State House.  The city apparently gave it a cool reception.  It's city-owned property that would be leased to a local company and then subleased to Ruth's Chris.

I've attached a photo from Google of the proposed location.

Any thoughts?  

RUTHSCHRIS.jpg

Cyd King's report from this morning also mentions that the fountain pictured here would be a thing of the past, should the plan be successful to bring in Ruth's Chris.  That's less of a concern, as I see it, than ensuring the viability of a structure above the parking garage — also noted in the article.

Cyd King's report from this morning also mentions that the fountain pictured here would be a thing of the past, should the plan be successful to bring in Ruth's Chris.  That's less of a concern, as I see it, than ensuring the viability of a structure above the parking garage — also noted in the article.

It would be nice if it could somehow be tied in/connected with the Double Tree which is connected to Robinson Center. Might make nice little date night? See a show, eat some steak, and venture upstairs all without ever walking outside.

It would be nice if it could somehow be tied in/connected with the Double Tree which is connected to Robinson Center. Might make nice little date night? See a show, eat some steak, and venture upstairs all without ever walking outside.

As I posted in another thread, the chances of this site being approved by the city is slim to none.