Canon City Photos

Front_Range_Guy

Pronounced "Canyon City"

I didn't figure there'd be much interest in a town of 16,000 in the "My City Photos" section, so I thought I'd post them here.

Canon City is located 40 miles west of Pueblo, or 115 miles southwest of Denver, and is best known for it's prisons, including SuperMax... home to several notorious criminals. Fremont County, including the Canon City area, is also known for it's Apple Orchards, The Holy Cross Abby (turned Winery), and The Royal Gorge.

Driving into Canon City from the east on US 50, this building stood out like a sore thumb. Unquestionably the tallest building in town, though it's not located downtown.

Canon4tallest.jpg

Canon5tallest.jpg

St. Thomas Moore Hospital is located across the street.

Canon6hospital.jpg

A few images from downtown.

Canon7paper.jpg

Canon8theatere.jpg

Canon9art.jpg

Canon10street.jpg

Canon12CityHall.jpg

Excluding the many church towers, it would seem to me the tallest building in Downtown Canon City is the Sunflower Bank Building.

Canon13bank.jpg

The prettiest building I saw in Canon City was the Historic Holy Cross Abby located on the cities east side.

canon1abby.jpg

Canon2abby.jpg

Canon3abby.jpg

Also check the My City Photos section for an updated Pueblo photo thread.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived