Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

smeagolsfree

1808 West End sold for possible hotel

11 posts in this topic

Yeah I think the one that has Baja Fresh at the base...that's about the only reason I have made it to that exact location.

The City Paper article mentions the transaction includes the Capital Bank and Trust Building next door, also. I believe that is where the rumored twin 17 story condos were to go. Is that project now in jeopardy?

Baja Fresh isn't in the base of the building. Actually, nothing is. It's next door.

The City Paper article mentions the transaction includes the Capital Bank and Trust Building next door, also. I believe that is where the rumored twin 17 story condos were to go. Is that project now in jeopardy?

Any ideas of the hotel brand? Will it even be a brand? Just curious.

I am not convinced that there will be a hotel. Maybe condos or apartments. Even office condos. That seems to be the next big thing.

I actually work in this building. From what I have been told, they plan to transform this ugly thing into a "boutique" hotel. We'll see. I've got to tell you...this building is in absolute horrible shape. It deserves to be torn down. But, again, everyone is telling me that it will soon be some fancy hotel. Stay tuned....

I think a hotel is a mistake given there are so many in the area now and a new one opening across the street. I don