Jacksonville: Google 3D Models

asonj23

Hey guys, I've been working on modeling the Jacksonville core in 3D as well. You've probably seen some of my postings on individual projects but in response to the similar thread in the Orlando forum, I thought I would share my models as well. These are not nearly as detailed as those provided SuperMan in the Orlando forum but they're still better than grey blocks. :)

First, here are a few snapshots.. (sorry the quality sucks)

4-1.jpg

3-1.jpg

2-1.jpg

1-1.jpg

Downtown-1.jpg

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 months later...

Nice work indeed. When I try to place a model and save it though, whenever i exit Google Earth, whatever models i placed will all be the same as one building. Also, when I place one building during a single session of Google Earth, i cannot place another without the first being erased. What do I need to do to make what models I do place permanent? Thanks for any advice.

It sounds like all you need to do is save the buildings to "My Places". Once you do that they will reappear every time you open the program. There are tons of discussion forums out there with gobs of how-to info on using Google Earth and Sketch-Up that you'll find very beneficial. That's how I learned to use it.

Archived