VA Tech Shooting

vdogg

20 dead and 28 injured in Va. Tech shooting. Tech on lockdown. :(

At least 22 people were killed Monday in a shooting rampage on the Virginia Tech campus, police said. They said the gunman was among the dead.In addition to those killed, officials said at least 28 people were wounded.

Virginia Tech Police Chief Wendell Flinchum said the gunman was dead, but that he didn't know how he died.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not much info yet. I'm a Tech alum, so it really wrenched my gut to hear this.

What's even worse is that local media is already playing up the "biggest school shooting in US History" angle. Have some decency, people.

I have two good friends that were directly involved:

the first said that the initial dorm killing(s) were on her floor (the 4th) and she was rushed out to a different floor where it was barricaded. The way she described it was just as pandemonium -- sheer chaos.

My second was a friend (older brother of a closer friend) who was in a small classroom --- he had to help barricade the door after the initial shots.

This is so horrible. This is like the worst day ever. VT has so many kids I went to school with and I've been scrambling to call all of them.

And let's just hope for the best...

My step sister is an engineering student, and it took me forever to get through and reach her. Thankfully, she wasn't on campus, and was still at her apt about a mile from campus. She may know several victims, but she isn't sure, and they aren't releasing any names. My prayers are with everyone involved.

i saw that... there was an article somewhere (might've been teh same one) where the gun rights people were all over saying people should be allowed to carry them for protection from things like this. finally, someone rightfully said it wasn't the place to talk gun rights politics.

some woman on CNN headline news just blamed it on violent movies and video games and urged parents to "sue the living daylights out of the school" because they didn't do their job at preventing this from happening saying they should've locked down and that there should've been no way for the guy to get from one building to the next. that's much easier said than done with limited resources. i think this woman is a complete whack job.

some woman on CNN headline news just blamed it on violent movies and video games and urged parents to "sue the living daylights out of the school" because they didn't do their job at preventing this from happening saying they should've locked down and that there should've been no way for the guy to get from one building to the next. that's much easier said than done with limited resources. i think this woman is a complete whack job.

Archived