VA Tech Shooting

vdogg

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, the first part of the womans statement is stupid but she does have a point on the last part. Any office building or highschool and most campuses in the nation would have locked down after the first shooting in an abundance of caution. They may not have reopened that day either. This guy killed 2 people at 7:15am and the ran off. The school did not send out an email (as if that's and adequate for of communication in an emergency situation :rolleyes: ) until 9:15am when the gunmen started shooting again. Why the 2 hour delay? Wouldn't logic dictate that if you knew there was a gunman on campus, even if you thought he might have left, that you'd at least warn people via the campus PA system they have? If I were a parent and my child got killed or was injured in this the first thing i'd target is the inadequate warning given. It's pretty early in this but it seems like some negligence was in play.

My thoughts and prayers are with those at VT and the state of Virginia as well as the family members of those affected. The entire Clemson community is in shock and our sympathy goes out to a school that we consider a "sister school" to us. We're with you in this time of sorrow.

BLACKSBURG, Va. (AP) -- A gunman suspected of carrying out the Virginia Tech massacre that killed 33 people, the deadliest shooting rampage in modern U.S. history, was identified Tuesday as a senior English major from South Korea.

Police identified the classroom shooter as 23-year-old Cho Seung-Hui (pronounced Choh Suhng-whee) of South Korea. There was no indication Tuesday of a possible motive for the attacks

link

I was a student at Norfolk State when a student walked acrossed the street from campus and was robbed and killed by someone who had nothing to do with the university. There was no way the university could have predicted that that was going to happen just as there was NO WAY Va. Tech could have forseen this. Universities have no guide to handling these types of incidents. Va. Tech did what they feel was in the BEST intrest of the students at the time.

No campus is completely safe, as we know from the on campus incidents at Hampton Roads schools; ODU, NSU and VWC but these administrations put the care of the students first. I think that in the mist of all the confusion Va. Tech did the very best job that they could.

while i don't understand why no earlier warning was given (perhaps they thought it was an isolated incident), i doubt the campus has a PA system. most colleges that i know of have no such system, like those at a high school or elementary school where the principal can make announcements to everyone in the building.

Nats Show Their Support

From the Washington Post

"But what otherwise would have gone down as a routine April defeat by a young team trying to find its way was given greater meaning when the Nationals came out of the dugout wearing Virginia Tech baseball caps." :good:

PH2007041702196.jpg

What a *Class* act that was. :shades:Thank You Washington Nationals!

This is not Virginia

This isn't us. This suddenly vicious commonwealth, where a bloodthirsty student rampages across the unprotected campus of our largest university, where illegal immigrants rule local government and kill our children. That just isn't Virginia. We know this, of course. Still, in the past few weeks, and in the past two days especially, it's been hard to recognize Virginia's image in the mirror raised by the nation's media. The center of a feeding frenzy is no place to try to find your true self; such a storm is by its nature disorienting, even for a state as old and fixed as ours. Still, we do know what we're not seeing in the constant coverage: Us

Archived