Va. Tech Shooting

torgo

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are reports that this idiot lined students up and shot them execution style. My heart and prayers go out to the 32 students families. If you can't send your kids to school and they be safe, what is our world coming to.

Why did he do it!

Just heard some interviews on MSN and one student was in one of the classrooms. He said the guy walked in, shot the teacher and then randomly started shooting while people took cover behind desks..about a minute. Then he and another guy ran to the door when he left and out their feet up against the door. He tried to come back in and started shooting through the door. He then left again and they tried to help the wounded. Incredible story.

my friend goodfriend goes to VTech 35 killed 29 wounded, but he said that supposidly in the beginning they thought it was multiple people, because fofr those numbers it would be almost impossible for 1 person to do that with a non-automatic weapon.. I haven't talked to him since about 1, but i assume it was just one person... is that what is still being reported?

I have heard on the news about the possibility that it was a Chinese national on a student visa who came into the US via San Francisco. This was indeed a tragedy, this person could have easily been gauging police response by calling in multiple bomb threats to the university last week. We won't have a clear picture of this for sometime.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the family and friends of the 32 murdered victims, the 15 injured, as well as the family and friends of the shooter, none of us know who in our circles of relatives, friends, co-workers, etc. is waiting to do something like this. This is a tragedy that will be remembered for generations. Such a sensless tragedy....

Boy, as an old fogey on this board (35), I can't imagine letting college students carry guns around on campus. This was being discussed on local talk radio this afternoon. I just couldn't imagine how many students would get killed during drunken rampages or over lover's quarrels if college students carried guns around. This sounds like a "great solution" that guns will prevent violence by guns, but it's absolutely ludicrous.

This is just insane. I can only imagine the horrible experience the families of these students are going through.

I really hope this isn't the beginning of a trend. I know people can get pretty worked up about stuff in college. At the end of the year I read about people jumping off the top levels of parking structures here at U of M, I sure hope it isn't other lives these people start taking.

This is just insane. I can only imagine the horrible experience the families of these students are going through.

I really hope this isn't the beginning of a trend. I know people can get pretty worked up about stuff in college. At the end of the year I read about people jumping off the top levels of parking structures here at U of M, I sure hope it isn't other lives these people start taking.

Archived