Temple Street

beerbeer

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This project could have been a little been better, but I think we need to move on. At least these developers took a vacant property and did something with it.

I want all these people who own derelict buildings downtown and parking lots to follow their lead and build something!

Bill - it is going to stay like this. That space at the corner of Temple and Market is going to be used as some kind of student gathering space. No retail.

Walking up Temple, what is the pedestrian treated to? A concrete wall on the south side of the street and a parking lot on the north side of the street. I've already given my opinion on the facade treatment once you get to the food court/Residence Inn on the north side of the street and its a slap in the face to The Richardson.

If there was not going to be any retail along the South side of Temple, designers should have had the townhouses face outward with front doors and stoops facing the street. It would have added so much to the streetscape. Its also too bad a deal couldn't be worked out where the Marriot would get parking space in the new garage and in return, developers build townhouses on the surface lot on the existing Residence Inn surface lot. This way, both sides of the street could be lined with townhouses.

Ok, what is up with the Gray wall they should paint it with a warm color like a sand yellow or tan yellow color would be nice if they paint it or some nice art stuff around those wall that it would be cool but the concrete looks ugly and I never like new buildings with concrete under it and I guest it be a good idea if they do something with that gray color because it dose not look right.

Ok, what is up with the Gray wall they should paint it with a warm color like a sand yellow or tan yellow color would be nice if they paint it or some nice art stuff around those wall that it would be cool but the concrete looks ugly and I never like new buildings with concrete under it and I guest it be a good idea if they do something with that gray color because it dose not look right.

For what it is worth, the exterior that you are talking about is not finished. While three will be some grey concrete, there will also be a brown tile in the inset areas, some granite engravings and landscaping materials in the planting beds. This work will begin in the next week or two as weather seems to be coming around.

For what it is worth, the exterior that you are talking about is not finished. While three will be some grey concrete, there will also be a brown tile in the inset areas, some granite engravings and landscaping materials in the planting beds. This work will begin in the next week or two as weather seems to be coming around.

Archived