First trip to Augusta from the Upstate, sc!

erm1981

I just wanted to let everyone know that lives in Augusta that i took a trip down there this past Sunday to check out the city. I live in the Upstate of SC and i wanted to it out. It was all a spontaneous thing. Anyway i had a very enjoyable trip even though it was a little windy. I went in the art museum, ate lunch at beamies. Walked the riverwalk which was awesome. I checked out that Fort Discovery place also which was really neat. I wish Greenville had something like that. Maybe one day <_< hehe. I would definetly recommend Augusta to anyone though. It would be nice if there was an interestate connecting Greenville and Augusta but i just went down highway 81 till i got to highway 28. Took me a little while but its was a nice scenic way to go. Lots of development going on.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

erm thats the way I come down since I live in Anderson. In fact I just got back from a Dentist appt. in Augusta today (I dont trust the dentists here in Anderson..lol). Anyway, Once you hit Clark Hill, about 30 miles from Augusta on highway 28, turn right towards CH Dam...I think there is a sign. You'll go right over the Dam and at your first 4 way stop in Ga. make a left. That will be Washington rd and it will take you right into Evans, then Martinez, then Augusta. Its a scenic route (over the Dam and by the lake)...But you'll hit sprawl in Evans about 17 miles outside of Augusta so it might take a little longer.

I did go that way. I drove right over the dam....isnt that the one named after strom thurmond. I think some new towers around the river would do great also......is there any proposals for downtown augusta in that regards?

Erm...I agree. Some condos around Clark Hill would be nice and would probably sell. Something like the Watermarke in Anderson. There are 2, 10 floor towers proposed for the riverfront in Downtown Augusta. I think they are going to be called Watermark as well but by different developers. The site is being cleaned up by the city of Augusta as we speak.

Archived