"No one wants to lose the small town feel of Standale."

Veloise

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is as funny as Wyoming trying to reinvent their "downtown". Too late, you are the poster child for sprawl. The intent is noble, but after helping suck the life out of Grand Rapids, don't try to replicate downtown. It will come off as cheesey as a lifestyle center trying to replicate a downtown.

While I wish them the best of luck, these guys are dreaming that they are actually going to create anything that is remotely close to a real downtown out of this mess. It will take almost the wholesale demolition of Standale.

I would be surprised if they can get any of these places to take down their signs on sticks let alone build to the sidewalk or more than one story.

Sadly in the end, it will look like "downtown" Wyoming. A sad, plastic, compromised mess of strip malls with "festive" antique style street lamps.

Well, they already have the street lamps.

While I wish them the best of luck, these guys are dreaming that they are actually going to create anything that is remotely close to a real downtown out of this mess. It will take almost the wholesale demolition of Standale.

I would be surprised if they can get any of these places to take down their signs on sticks let alone build to the sidewalk or more than one story.

Sadly in the end, it will look like "downtown" Wyoming. A sad, plastic, compromised mess of strip malls with "festive" antique style street lamps.

Well, they already have the street lamps.

Did anyone else notice the humorous juxtaposition of the "nobody wants to lose the smalltown feel" quote next to the photo that contained nothing but electrical wires, traffic and strip malls? It was the photo that led the story in the print version...I actually laughed out loud. Nothing is less small-town than sprawl, 5 lanes of highway, strip-malls-galore and 100s of electrical wires criss-crossing the photo.

Did anyone else notice the humorous juxtaposition of the "nobody wants to lose the smalltown feel" quote next to the photo that contained nothing but electrical wires, traffic and strip malls? It was the photo that led the story in the print version...I actually laughed out loud. Nothing is less small-town than sprawl, 5 lanes of highway, strip-malls-galore and 100s of electrical wires criss-crossing the photo.

Archived