Regal Court Shopping Center

Metlife

With Kohl's and JC Penney rising from the earth, along with Dick's Sporting Goods in a couple of months, I guess it would be kosher to follow all the updates and newest developments here. It seems like Logan's Roadhouse is not too far away from starting their construction project.

http://www.ci.shreveport.la.us/MPC/index.htm

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
I sure am glad you're keeping up with this because I don't follow the MPC, ZBA, and City Council like I used to. I would have missed this.

Very cool. SO glad to see Friday's re-entering Louisiana... and by way of Shreveport for a change!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
...don't have any photos, but, buffalo wild wings and TGIF are well on their way. Logan's should be starting pretty soon. Kohl's and Penneys are finished on the outside and are working to be opened by October. Dick's Sporting Goods is also coming along... but, they're probably 6-8 weeks behind Kohl's/Penneys. PF Changs... i haven't seen anything yet on the MPC docket approving any building permits yet.

• 4 weeks later...

I just remembered, on Friday I was on Youree and noticed that the parcel on the corner of Youree and Lowe's Blvd. had a sold sign on it. Has this been there? I don't think that it has. Could this be the PF Chang's? I have always thought that since SDI has never released a site map there must be something really secretive going in over there. I have also noticed that PF Chang's does not like to give much notice they are coming. Anyone know what's going on the corner there?

I just remembered, on Friday I was on Youree and noticed that the parcel on the corner of Youree and Lowe's Blvd. had a sold sign on it. Has this been there? I don't think that it has. Could this be the PF Chang's? I have always thought that since SDI has never released a site map there must be something really secretive going in over there. I have also noticed that PF Chang's does not like to give much notice they are coming. Anyone know what's going on the corner there?

Thanks for posting. My wife went there today as well and loved it. She tried to go to Kohl's because the sign on the building says "NOW OPEN" but upon closer inspection it says "NOW OPEN" and then in small letters under that it has tomorrow's date. She said they were ticking a lot of people off with that because from the road it appears that they're open but they have someone outside telling people they don't open until tomorrow.

My wife thanks you for the heads up on Kohl's soft opening tomorrow.

We will post after we check it out.

By the way.

Remember when i posted about the land being cleared on Bert Kouns at Linwood?

They are continuing and it looks like a massive parcel is being carved out. Go up Linwood and on your left you will see more land being cleaned out as well.

Another thing.

We stopped at the new Starbucks in the Centurytel Call Center lot and saw someone inside.

The store manager, Brent, opened the door and told us that they will open on Monday morning.

They have their hours posted on the door on a piece of paper.

All hail Starbucks !!

At least starting Monday morning at 530.

Thanks again,

Mudbugger

^ From that article:

"La Madeleine and P.F. Chang's, both restaurants that previously were announced to open in the new shopping center, no longer have plans to do so."

WELL, CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"The Capital Grille/Longhorn Steakhouse also initially was announced to join the group. However, Bob McAdam, spokseman for Darden Restaurants, which has since bought both restaurants, said the firm has no specific plans for Shreveport. "We are only talking about long-range plans for Longhorn Steakhouse, and we haven't announced any additional changes for that."

I knew a Capital Grille in a city this size was a bit far-fetched, but I was keeping my mind open to the possibility. I guess it was never a possibility, and Hightower's personal [insert expletive here] Liz Swaine (I seriously hate that woman) never should have even MENTIONED that name. They got too excited over nothing, and perhaps because he knew if it didn't happen it would be someone else's problem and not his.

My wife and I are fans of Kirklands, though, and it will be nice to have a location NOT in a mall... I hate going into St. Vincent just to go to Kirkland's, so every time we're in Texarkana we always stop into the stand-alone Kirkland's off St. Michael.

Also, no mention of Dave & Buster's... but I still feel like, with the rumor and now the commercials, there is still hope.

What the HELL is happening with PF Chang's?? This market should have had one 5 years ago, and yet we missed it AGAIN!

Archived