Regal Court Shopping Center

Metlife

^ From that article:

"La Madeleine and P.F. Chang's, both restaurants that previously were announced to open in the new shopping center, no longer have plans to do so."

WELL, CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"The Capital Grille/Longhorn Steakhouse also initially was announced to join the group. However, Bob McAdam, spokseman for Darden Restaurants, which has since bought both restaurants, said the firm has no specific plans for Shreveport. "We are only talking about long-range plans for Longhorn Steakhouse, and we haven't announced any additional changes for that."

I knew a Capital Grille in a city this size was a bit far-fetched, but I was keeping my mind open to the possibility. I guess it was never a possibility, and Hightower's personal [insert expletive here] Liz Swaine (I seriously hate that woman) never should have even MENTIONED that name. They got too excited over nothing, and perhaps because he knew if it didn't happen it would be someone else's problem and not his.

My wife and I are fans of Kirklands, though, and it will be nice to have a location NOT in a mall... I hate going into St. Vincent just to go to Kirkland's, so every time we're in Texarkana we always stop into the stand-alone Kirkland's off St. Michael.

Also, no mention of Dave & Buster's... but I still feel like, with the rumor and now the commercials, there is still hope.

What the HELL is happening with PF Chang's?? This market should have had one 5 years ago, and yet we missed it AGAIN!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FYI I can now see possibly why Longhorn hasn't yet been built on Youree... looks like Stirling Bossier is quite the competitor to Regal Court. Longhorn Steakhouse is shown on the latest site plan for the Bossier development (dated THIS month). Next to Longhorn is now showing to be Progressive Bank. Never heard of that bank... also it looks like Chili's is back to being shown on the site plan and a movie theater is also shown again, and appears to be in Phase III. Academy is shown in Phase II.

Here's the link: http://www.lacdb.com/files/property/820000...abeled_Epkg.pdf

You know I don't even see a decent bookstore shown for that area. At least built a Borders or yet another Barnes & Noble there. If this were a college town there would be bookstores everywhere, but I suppose people here would rather eat and shop than be educated... or else the developers think this.

That highly upsets me. PF Chang's is what I am most upset about. I really do not have much feelings toward the other two. As Brian, could not believe that a Captial Grille would come here because of the other cities it is in. I would like to know where The Times is getting it's information on PF Chang's and La Madeleine not coming. They stated that SDI didn't return any of their calls. I am still going to hold out a little hope for PF Chang's because the seem to be very secretive about their openings. On their website, they do not announce any new locations until about 3 months before they open. Previously they were projecting PF Chang's for early 2008 if I remember correctly, so it still could happen. Again, one thing that I would point to is that SDI has not released any site plan and JCPenney and Kohl's are OPEN. Let's just cross our fingers.

That highly upsets me. PF Chang's is what I am most upset about. I really do not have much feelings toward the other two. As Brian, could not believe that a Captial Grille would come here because of the other cities it is in. I would like to know where The Times is getting it's information on PF Chang's and La Madeleine not coming. They stated that SDI didn't return any of their calls. I am still going to hold out a little hope for PF Chang's because the seem to be very secretive about their openings. On their website, they do not announce any new locations until about 3 months before they open. Previously they were projecting PF Chang's for early 2008 if I remember correctly, so it still could happen. Again, one thing that I would point to is that SDI has not released any site plan and JCPenney and Kohl's are OPEN. Let's just cross our fingers.

Hey everybody. I mainly work in the New Orleans threads. I just wanted to know what exactly is the Regal Court Shopping Center?

Is it a mall or what?

P.S. I really hope all your future developments go through succefully. Especially the Cyper Command.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Mine loves the purses too. Dooney and Coach, phew. We were out on Youree today and my wife saw DSW. She about fell out. I thought she knew and she was accusing me of keeping it from her. I wasn't but maybe I should have! We didn't go because it wasn't on the agenda and we ran out of time. I'm sure we'll be making a stop...soon. :scared:

Mine loves the purses too. Dooney and Coach, phew. We were out on Youree today and my wife saw DSW. She about fell out. I thought she knew and she was accusing me of keeping it from her. I wasn't but maybe I should have! We didn't go because it wasn't on the agenda and we ran out of time. I'm sure we'll be making a stop...soon. :scared:

Archived