Regal Court Shopping Center

Metlife

My wife and I checked out DSW and Kirkland's today.

Both were nice and look to do well.

However...

Accessory City is a real hole !!!

It's stock is crap, the employees are thuggish (in behavior, attitude and general lack of knowledge or class).

I am going on record and think that they will be the first store to close in that shopping center.

By the way, my wife loves purses too.

She gets Coach, Dooney, and Prada.

Thankfully she gets them on eBay, so i save lots of money.

Did anyone else notice that the pad site in front of the Strawn's in the Best Buy shopping center looks to have site work being done on it?

Does anyone know what is going there?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Mudbugger

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My wife and I checked out DSW and Kirkland's today.

Both were nice and look to do well.

However...

Accessory City is a real hole !!!

It's stock is crap, the employees are thuggish (in behavior, attitude and general lack of knowledge or class).

I am going on record and think that they will be the first store to close in that shopping center.

By the way, my wife loves purses too.

She gets Coach, Dooney, and Prada.

Thankfully she gets them on eBay, so i save lots of money.

Did anyone else notice that the pad site in front of the Strawn's in the Best Buy shopping center looks to have site work being done on it?

Does anyone know what is going there?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Mudbugger

Yeah, my wife just brought home a Marc Jacobs bag?? She said their like $1500, though she didn't pay that for it! Someone she knows gets them from NY, I think she said it's from his last line so she paid much less for it? Whatever, as long as she didn't pay $1500 for it. I told my wife this woman is like her crack dealer! :lol: As for me, I don't really have any expensive habits. I do well to temper my wants. I am more of a gadget and electronics guy. I think the whole camera thing is really cool, but I would have to learn more about it to get into it. I know very little about real cameras. We just bought a advanced point and shoot. Just with it, I can see how it can be addictive!

I'm with Brian, Accessory City is not exactly a place I envision myself going. Now when we were out the other day and my wife saw DSW, we also saw Kirkland's. I didn't know that was going to be there. I don't care about DSW, but I was excited to see Kirkland's there, even as a guy as Brian says! I always hated their Monroe store, it was so tiny.

As for the pad, I have not seen it.

Casey, you know they have/had a tiny store in St. Vincent forever. While it had nice things, it was just way too small. The new Youree store is undoubtedly just like the one they built a couple years ago up in Texarkana, and it is NICE.

Those advanced P&S cameras can become a gateway to a real DSLR camera so be careful. ;) It's like how they say marijuana can be a gateway to harder drugs... lol

I skipped the advanced P&S cameras and went straight from crappy P&S to DSLR thanks to the help of some friends here on Urban Planet who were looking into them as well. The Rebel opened my eyes to photography, and once I got brave enough to learn how to use it in Manual mode I realized there is a whole different world out there in photography that most people never see. And it's awesome. :) So after a year and a half I decided to upgrade further to my new 30D and hopefully later this year I'll have a 5D. I really hope the 5D's successor comes out so the price drops, though. I'd much rather pay $1,880-$2,000 for it than $2,500.

Anyway, enjoy that advanced P&S, those things often have many features that a DSLR has, without the size and bulk. My newest camera, with the battery grip attached, wieghs 6 lbs. then you add a 3 lb. lens to it and I'm holding nearly 10 lbs. for one camera, with another 5 lbs. of camera slung over my shoulder as a backup.

Gateway huh? Well, I guess I better be careful seeing how much you throw at cameras and equipment! :lol: That and how much camera you're toting around. That's pretty heavy. I know this camera I got is between 1 and 2 lbs., so I could not imagine holding 10 lbs. of camera and taking pictures. Sounds like a workout!

I'm in the worst shape of my life. Over 300 lbs now, high blood pressure, heart-related issues, etc... it can't be that much of a workout. lol I laugh but I do take things seriously sometimes. New Years resolutions are so cliche and almost stupidly pointless now, since no one ever sticks to them, but we have a $700 piece of exercise equipment we bought a few months ago that just sits in my wife's home office collecting dust. It needs to be used and we need plan to start using it right after Christmas. My wife's health isn't bad... yet... but mine... well, I'll just say I'd like to live beyond 30.

I'm in the worst shape of my life. Over 300 lbs now, high blood pressure, heart-related issues, etc... it can't be that much of a workout. lol I laugh but I do take things seriously sometimes. New Years resolutions are so cliche and almost stupidly pointless now, since no one ever sticks to them, but we have a $700 piece of exercise equipment we bought a few months ago that just sits in my wife's home office collecting dust. It needs to be used and we need plan to start using it right after Christmas. My wife's health isn't bad... yet... but mine... well, I'll just say I'd like to live beyond 30.

Anyway, any new development news anyone? I know something but I can't tell anyone. ;) I was given this information a few nights ago at a Christmas dinner, in strict confidence, by someone close to the project and I can't even drop a hint... nothing. All I can say is it's large, it's extravagant, and it's supposedly to begin in the not-too-distant future. It's not a shopping strip or any other kind of suburban development on south Youree or north Airline, it's an inner-city infill project. I can't say which city or anything, and it bugs the crap out of me. :D I hate being given information I can't share on Urban Planet, or anywhere for that matter.

lol man you know how to crush a guy don't ya?

Trust me guys, as soon as I'm 100% sure I can say something I'm going to. Metlife - yes, it's HUGE from what I was told. I was given a really good description of this project and told where it would be. I mentioned something I'd like to see built in Shreveport-Bossier and he said, "well, I know something that IS going to be built and it's blah blah blah." And my eyes got big and I started salivating and I was thinking, "yeah I can mention it on UP" until he told me this is in the planning stages and not to get out yet, but that it's pretty much a done deal. And if the scope of the project is as large as he says it will be, we will most definitely be one of the largest destinations in the entire south, no questions asked.

lol man you know how to crush a guy don't ya?

Trust me guys, as soon as I'm 100% sure I can say something I'm going to. Metlife - yes, it's HUGE from what I was told. I was given a really good description of this project and told where it would be. I mentioned something I'd like to see built in Shreveport-Bossier and he said, "well, I know something that IS going to be built and it's blah blah blah." And my eyes got big and I started salivating and I was thinking, "yeah I can mention it on UP" until he told me this is in the planning stages and not to get out yet, but that it's pretty much a done deal. And if the scope of the project is as large as he says it will be, we will most definitely be one of the largest destinations in the entire south, no questions asked.

Okay, since SBC won't spill the beans just yet, let's get the speculation game going, shall we? He mentioned he wanted it something like it built in the SBC... it would make us a legitimate destination spot in the South... large, and extravagant inner-city in-fill project... hmm, could it be a Cross Bayou project w/ shops, and restaurants, etc.,..

I've never posted on here, but read the forum almost daily. This posting really got my attention. I no longer live in Shreveport, but still own property there. My entire neighborhood in Shreveport has been assembled for commerical development, and I do know an interested developer bought vacant land behind my property. I also know this developer has met with the mayor and some members of city council regarding developing the entire site. I doubt the two developments are related, but thought I would mention this.

I've never posted on here, but read the forum almost daily. This posting really got my attention. I no longer live in Shreveport, but still own property there. My entire neighborhood in Shreveport has been assembled for commerical development, and I do know an interested developer bought vacant land behind my property. I also know this developer has met with the mayor and some members of city council regarding developing the entire site. I doubt the two developments are related, but thought I would mention this.

Thanks SBC. Well, when I say property, I mean house + lot. The entire neighborhood of 21 houses has been assembled for development. The general area is near I-49 near Mall St. Vincent. I live in Atlanta now- moved back here this past Summer, but would consider moving back to Shreveport in the future. I like the city, and see great potential in it, if it could just attact more creative and energetic people. Maybe Cyber Command will help.

Thanks SBC. Well, when I say property, I mean house + lot. The entire neighborhood of 21 houses has been assembled for development. The general area is near I-49 near Mall St. Vincent. I live in Atlanta now- moved back here this past Summer, but would consider moving back to Shreveport in the future. I like the city, and see great potential in it, if it could just attact more creative and energetic people. Maybe Cyber Command will help.

Okay, since SBC won't spill the beans just yet, let's get the speculation game going, shall we? He mentioned he wanted it something like it built in the SBC... it would make us a legitimate destination spot in the South... large, and extravagant inner-city in-fill project... hmm, could it be a Cross Bayou project w/ shops, and restaurants, etc.,..

SBC, I would like to talk to offline, but don't really want to post an email address or phone number. I know the property you're talking about- that was Albertson's. That deal did not materialize because Albertson's was/is struggling financially. They've already closed their store in Monroe- there was talk of Kroger buying Albertson's, but don't know if that will happen.

Anyway, my property is close to that location. Yes, there's a lot of potential for that area. I would love to see an entire redevelopment of Mall St. Vincent, but don't know if that will ever happen. I would hate to see it go the way of SouthPark.

SBC, I would like to talk to offline, but don't really want to post an email address or phone number. I know the property you're talking about- that was Albertson's. That deal did not materialize because Albertson's was/is struggling financially. They've already closed their store in Monroe- there was talk of Kroger buying Albertson's, but don't know if that will happen.

Anyway, my property is close to that location. Yes, there's a lot of potential for that area. I would love to see an entire redevelopment of Mall St. Vincent, but don't know if that will ever happen. I would hate to see it go the way of SouthPark.

Archived