Regal Court Shopping Center

Metlife

I would also love to see this. I do know that former mayoral candidate Vernon Adams really wanted to develop an aquarium, though he didn't actually have a plan. Bossier Mayor Lo Walker wants to build an aquarium or entice a private entity to build one, so I could see that happening. But to answer your question... no, you're ice cold. ;)

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can relate - I'm looking back at some my typos in the previous postings :) It's after 1A here in Atlanta, and yes, It's been a very long week. I'm also having my 2nd glass of wine, so lots of contributing factors to typos :)

I will email you tomorrow and we can talk more. I promise not to try to weasel you out of information on that forementioned project, but can't say I'm not curious :)

I can relate - I'm looking back at some my typos in the previous postings It's after 1A here in Atlanta, and yes, It's been a very long week. I'm also having my 2nd glass of wine, so lots of contributing factors to typos

I will email you tomorrow and we can talk more. I promise not to try to weasel you out of information on that forementioned project, but can't say I'm not curious

Well my friend it wouldn't be any different from these other guys trying to weasel information out of me. But I'll never let it slip. :) And believe me half of me wishes I'd never been told what I was because I hate keeping secrets. ;) It's something my wife is used to, though, as she deals with "secret" projects all the time. It's the nature of the business she's in.

All I can say is, I hope this project as is much a done deal as he told me it is. I can't wait to see it developed if it's even half as extravagant as he says it's supposed to be. This "he" will also remain nameless. ;)

I say extravagant rather loosely, I'm afraid. Extravagant as in large, as in offerings, but not necessarily glitzy. The amount of glitz and glamour, who knows. It would be hard to say really, not having anything locally to base this on.

Goodnight, and if I don't see you guys until then, Merry Christmas. :)

• 2 months later...

I don't know if you guys have seen it or not, but, there appears to be some sort of activity on that "mystery" pad towards the front of Regal Court. There's something about it in the Shreveport MPC minutes for this month's meeting, but there aren't any details that were given as to who or what. Just something to watch in the next few weeks...

I don't know if you guys have seen it or not, but, there appears to be some sort of activity on that "mystery" pad towards the front of Regal Court. There's something about it in the Shreveport MPC minutes for this month's meeting, but there aren't any details that were given as to who or what. Just something to watch in the next few weeks...

I drove past RC today, and oh yeah, there's definitely something is going on. 3 bulldozers were rolling along, and it looked like they were preparing a pad site perhaps... it looked like they were digging a "rectangular depression" into the ground... however, the work wasn't confined to that one particular area... it pretty much was spread throughout the northwest corner of the property...

• 3 months later...

I swung through the drive-thru at Cane's for lunch today, and as I passed through the Youree/Regal intersection I noticed a rather large stack of materials standing on the corner next to the newly-poured slabs. I just caught a glimpse, so I couldn't tell what it was but my first thought was foam wallboard. But seeing as how no walls are standing yet I have to assume that either they got that out there too early or that's not what it was afterall.

Anyway, still no indication to me as to what is going there.

• 3 weeks later...

Here is a heads up for everyone.

My wife and I went by Longhorn Steakhouse on Youree drive today.

I walked in and the manager asked me if i wanted an application, they are in the middle of hiring their staff.

I told him that i had emailed corporate about how happy we were that they were locating here and that they invited us to the sneak peek night.

He immediately gave us an envelope for a FREE dinner on Friday July 18th between 6 and 8pm.

We have to call earlier that week to set up our reservation and the only thing we would be charged for is alcohol.

If you have the chance this weekend, go by there and ask what is going on and when they will open.

If you are lucky Mr. A.J. Maas will be there, he is the general manager, and maybe he will give you an invitation to the sneak peek night.

Good luck and happy dining,

Mudbugger

Archived