North Town Mall

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the 2nd Springfield Mall a supercenter will have torn down. The south cambell walmart took out the tiny mall that was there, it had a play-it-again sports and a bunch of empty stores inside.

I also thought they were going to replace the northtown walmart with a supercenter at division and 65 becuase they could get approval to build one at sunshine and 65.

And is it true they are building a 2nd Sams club or Costco at james river and cambell.

This is the 2nd Springfield Mall a supercenter will have torn down. The south cambell walmart took out the tiny mall that was there, it had a play-it-again sports and a bunch of empty stores inside.

I also thought they were going to replace the northtown walmart with a supercenter at division and 65 becuase they could get approval to build one at sunshine and 65.

And is it true they are building a 2nd Sams club or Costco at james river and cambell.

Wait a minute... sound too many new Wal-mart stores on Northeast Spfd.... I heard that somewhere that old Walmart want to move to by H65 & Kearny or Division. Springfield Officials worried about traffic on Kearny and Glenstone, I agree with them. If Walmart planning to take over old mall, that mean will double traffic up.

Someone told that there might be new mall on east of North H65 somewhere, I don't know much about it. Maybe I should study it more.

http://www.deadmalls.com/malls/north_town_mall.html

Costco would be nice.

So would a TJMAXX and More,Mega Marshalls,Dick's Sportings Goods or Sports Authority or MCSPORTS Outdoor Center,Super or Greatland Target,Ross Dress for Less,Linen N Things,Wild Oats,Whole Foods,Trader Joes and so on.

The closet Neighborhood Markets are in Johnson County,KS.

If another Sam's Club comes it would have to be on the West Side. They could be expanding the existing Sam's Club.

That K-Mart could becoming a Sears Grand Central.

If you talking about Restaruants then Fire Mountain,Cheeseburger and Paradise,Grainte City,Johnny Carino's,ESPN Zone,Old Chicago,Joe's Crab Shack and so on.

Wait a minute... sound too many new Wal-mart stores on Northeast Spfd.... I heard that somewhere that old Walmart want to move to by H65 & Kearny or Division. Springfield Officials worried about traffic on Kearny and Glenstone, I agree with them. If Walmart planning to take over old mall, that mean will double traffic up.

Someone told that there might be new mall on east of North H65 somewhere, I don't know much about it. Maybe I should study it more.

http://www.deadmalls.com/malls/north_town_mall.html

Costco would be nice.

So would a TJMAXX and More,Mega Marshalls,Dick's Sportings Goods or Sports Authority or MCSPORTS Outdoor Center,Super or Greatland Target,Ross Dress for Less,Linen N Things,Wild Oats,Whole Foods,Trader Joes and so on.

The closet Neighborhood Markets are in Johnson County,KS.

If another Sam's Club comes it would have to be on the West Side. They could be expanding the existing Sam's Club.

That K-Mart could becoming a Sears Grand Central.

If you talking about Restaruants then Fire Mountain,Cheeseburger and Paradise,Grainte City,Johnny Carino's,ESPN Zone,Old Chicago,Joe's Crab Shack and so on.

This announcement came out about a month and a half ago. I really hate Walmart for going in there, especially for such a prime peace of real-estate, but the best thing we can hope for is a nicer version and some shopping centers in the parking lot like the Walmart has in Ozark. A Sam's club would've been much better since they are moving their operations to south Campbell (Just south of James River Frwy.) from the sunchine location. Of course I'm sure they thought that would be insane after seeing the income levels for the immediate area around the Mall. BTW there wont be another Supercenter off 65 because they thought it would be easier to build on the site they already own. Personally I would have liked to see a Super Target go there with restuarants and such, or maybe something like a Kohls and Walmart like the south side. It is rediculous what the north side lacks seeing how its right off the interstate. Thankfully that is slowly changing with more and more businesses setting up shop on the north side.

• 1 month later...

http://www.sbj.net/weekly_article.asp?aID=...&aID2=77417 about Fifth Supercenter coming.

What they probley do with that K-Mart is turn it into a Sears Grand Central.

What Springfield needs is an Outlet Mall because it already has Battlefield Mall and a Sporting Goods like Dick's or Sport Authority to go up against Bass Pro.

Isn't their a Kohl's close to Highway 13 and 44?

Wal-mart needs to build some N.Markets in your area.

The existing Target is expanding and how about one up by Highway 13 and 44 that could be a Super or Greatland Target?

It's such a shame that they are going to demolish 280,000 sq feet of shopping spaced to build ANOTHER SuperWalmart. Aren't there Supercenters in Nixa, Ozark, and Republic too? They just built one in Marshfield too. Thankfully the old store was converted into a Home/Lawn and garden store.

Branson,Buffalo and Eldon are getting ones to.

Versailles just opened one last year.

Other area's like Branson,Lebanon,St. Robert,Rolla,Hollister,Lake of the Ozarks and so on also want to get in the action so people don't have to come to like Springfield,Columbia,Jefferson City,Joplin,St. Louis and so on to come to like Kohls,Bass Pro and so on.

At least it's going have space on the property for other Commercial.

Is Sam's Club moving or just expanding where it is?

Branson,Buffalo and Eldon are getting ones to.

Versailles just opened one last year.

Other area's like Branson,Lebanon,St. Robert,Rolla,Hollister,Lake of the Ozarks and so on also want to get in the action so people don't have to come to like Springfield,Columbia,Jefferson City,Joplin,St. Louis and so on to come to like Kohls,Bass Pro and so on.

At least it's going have space on the property for other Commercial.

Is Sam's Club moving or just expanding where it is?

http://www.sbj.net/weekly_article.asp?aID=...&aID2=77417 about Fifth Supercenter coming.

What they probley do with that K-Mart is turn it into a Sears Grand Central.

What Springfield needs is an Outlet Mall because it already has Battlefield Mall and a Sporting Goods like Dick's or Sport Authority to go up against Bass Pro.

Isn't their a Kohl's close to Highway 13 and 44?

Wal-mart needs to build some N.Markets in your area.

The existing Target is expanding and how about one up by Highway 13 and 44 that could be a Super or Greatland Target?

It's such a shame that they are going to demolish 280,000 sq feet of shopping spaced to build ANOTHER SuperWalmart. Aren't there Supercenters in Nixa, Ozark, and Republic too? They just built one in Marshfield too. Thankfully the old store was converted into a Home/Lawn and garden store.

Before they build another location of existing store what needs to happen is a store that's not here yet like Gordman's,IKEA,Dick's Sporting Goods,Costco and so on needs to build here.

They's also a Supercenter in Boilver,Warsaw,Clinton,Sedaila,cities to the West of here on 44 and to the East on 60.

Another Grocery Store chain to go up against Price Cutter and Wal-mart Supercenter would be good maybe Hy-Vee or Price Chopper or Schnucks or somebody else.

• 2 weeks later...
Before they build another location of existing store what needs to happen is a store that's not here yet like Gordman's,IKEA,Dick's Sporting Goods,Costco and so on needs to build here.

They's also a Supercenter in Boilver,Warsaw,Clinton,Sedaila,cities to the West of here on 44 and to the East on 60.

Another Grocery Store chain to go up against Price Cutter and Wal-mart Supercenter would be good maybe Hy-Vee or Price Chopper or Schnucks or somebody else.

Archived