North Town Mall

I remember Town & Country Theater. Anyway, it is a shame that all of those theaters went out (I never knew about all of those). I think that College Station will really do well when it opens. It'll be the only first-run movie theater in Springfield north of Battlefield Road.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Between it being a single screen and on the square probably is the reasons Fox theater was the first to go. The North Town went out. Then Tower went out and finally Town and Country. Seems Dickinson 8, or Springfield 8 as its called now, Campbell 16, and Palace theater has pushed pretty much anyone else out. It is nice that College Station will be the first theater in several years to be north of Battlefield road.

Between it being a single screen and on the square probably is the reasons Fox theater was the first to go. The North Town went out. Then Tower went out and finally Town and Country. Seems Dickinson 8, or Springfield 8 as its called now, Campbell 16, and Palace theater has pushed pretty much anyone else out. It is nice that College Station will be the first theater in several years to be north of Battlefield road.

I actually worked at the Town & Country 6 in the early 80s. It was never a "great" theater. Hopefully College Station will show this town what a modern megaplex is supposed to be like. Campbell 16 is OK, but getting kind of beat up. The Springfield 8 is fine for a neighborhood theater. Springfield is ridiculously "underscreened" (to use an industry term) for a metro area this size.

College Station will actually be run by Hollywood Theaters out of Seattle. It is suppose to be 'High Tech' as well, but we will just have to wait and see. BTW when the heck are they gonna start on the Theater? The parking garage is going to be done soon enough!

Welcome to Urbanplanet.org!

I agree with you everything. I'm positive that College Station Theatres will have high-techs, according to Wallance Theatres. I used to work at Campbell 16, one of my manager told me that Wallance Theatres Inc. are most top ranked best at all for high-techs.

College Station will actually be run by Hollywood Theaters out of Seattle. It is suppose to be 'High Tech' as well, but we will just have to wait and see. BTW when the heck are they gonna start on the Theater? The parking garage is going to be done soon enough!

Wallace Theaters might have several names for their theaters. Hollywood is one of them. They have locations in Columbia and Lawrence Kansas (or did). I actually don't live in the Springfield area and was surprised when I recently visited that College Station hadn't actually broken ground yet (just the parking garage). So it's still a little hard to believe that the thing will ever open (kind of like the proposed Bass Pro IMAX theater). I sure hope it puts to shame the rest of Springfield's theaters. Might even encourage another chain to come to town to challenge Campbell 16's dominance on the south side.

Wallace Theaters might have several names for their theaters. Hollywood is one of them. They have locations in Columbia and Lawrence Kansas (or did). I actually don't live in the Springfield area and was surprised when I recently visited that College Station hadn't actually broken ground yet (just the parking garage). So it's still a little hard to believe that the thing will ever open (kind of like the proposed Bass Pro IMAX theater). I sure hope it puts to shame the rest of Springfield's theaters. Might even encourage another chain to come to town to challenge Campbell 16's dominance on the south side.

• 1 month later...

Theirs a Moive Theater is Osage Beach,St. Robert,Rolla and Laurie that's close to Lebanon. Theirs one coming to Lake Ozark by the Golf Course their on 54 and other Commercial is going their to like Sporting Goods Chains,maybe Best Buy,Restaruants and so on.

Their was another one coming to Osage Beach but W. Theaters decide not build to it by 54 and KK.

Theirs a Moive Theater is Osage Beach,St. Robert,Rolla and Laurie that's close to Lebanon. Theirs one coming to Lake Ozark by the Golf Course their on 54 and other Commercial is going their to like Sporting Goods Chains,maybe Best Buy,Restaruants and so on.

Their was another one coming to Osage Beach but W. Theaters decide not build to it by 54 and KK.

Springfield doesn't need another Supercenter. And I do see it as a Historic Landmark. Things could have been done to the mall without tearing it down to accomplish the same thing that Wal-Mart will do. The only real reason North Town was classified as a Dead Mall was cause Wal-Mart owned it and didn't want anyone in there, plain and simple. That is why the lease rates were jacked up so high and the fact noone could get a long term lease. If Wal-Mart hadn't owned the building or at least made it attractive to potential clients to come in we could have seen the mall have new life. The Mall could have been revived and with some renovations to bring the theater upto date we could have seen it reopened. But thats not what Wal-Mart wanted.

On Lowes and all them they won't be coming to that part of Springfield. Where would they build??? I think the nearest vacant lot is the old Drive-in East of Wal-Mart on Kearney. Or that stripclub that looks to be closed. Still thats a good distance from Wal-Mart. And only one or two things will go in those spots. You won't see any new growth cause of Wal-Mart cause there just isn't really any place to build.

On K-Mart it surprises me they are still in business to tell the truth. They were pushed out of business here in Lebanon nearly 10 years ago by none other than Wal-Mart.

Springfield doesn't need another Supercenter. And I do see it as a Historic Landmark. Things could have been done to the mall without tearing it down to accomplish the same thing that Wal-Mart will do. The only real reason North Town was classified as a Dead Mall was cause Wal-Mart owned it and didn't want anyone in there, plain and simple. That is why the lease rates were jacked up so high and the fact noone could get a long term lease. If Wal-Mart hadn't owned the building or at least made it attractive to potential clients to come in we could have seen the mall have new life. The Mall could have been revived and with some renovations to bring the theater upto date we could have seen it reopened. But thats not what Wal-Mart wanted.

On Lowes and all them they won't be coming to that part of Springfield. Where would they build??? I think the nearest vacant lot is the old Drive-in East of Wal-Mart on Kearney. Or that stripclub that looks to be closed. Still thats a good distance from Wal-Mart. And only one or two things will go in those spots. You won't see any new growth cause of Wal-Mart cause there just isn't really any place to build.

On K-Mart it surprises me they are still in business to tell the truth. They were pushed out of business here in Lebanon nearly 10 years ago by none other than Wal-Mart.

Probably means on Glenstone as both Super K are on Glenstone.

I've kinda noticed that mgsports is not from around here. He posts on Lebanon Daily Record's forum and I have noticed he has mentioned multiple times that highway 13 is near Lebanon. People keep correcting him and he continues to say highway 13 is near Lebanon. And the above post is just another example. He said that road, to me that says he didn't know the name of the street which says he is again not from around here.

Probably means on Glenstone as both Super K are on Glenstone.

I've kinda noticed that mgsports is not from around here. He posts on Lebanon Daily Record's forum and I have noticed he has mentioned multiple times that highway 13 is near Lebanon. People keep correcting him and he continues to say highway 13 is near Lebanon. And the above post is just another example. He said that road, to me that says he didn't know the name of the street which says he is again not from around here.

Yes I knew that road was Glenstone.

I know that 13 in MO runs North to South, In Springfield most of the Commercial on it is at highway 13 exit off 44 or at Battlefield Road and is not in Lebanon because that road is 32 by Lowe's. Collins,Higginsville,Warrensburg,Clinton and so on are also on 13.

I do post at lots of Message Boards that are about MO and also Orlando and so on.

I know my way around Springfield,Lebanon and so on with out living their.

This Message Board is only for Springfield/Branson so if I want to to talk about KC I will post at KCTALK.com or maybe Urbanplanet's KC Forum or for Lebanon at it's Forum or for the Lake of the Ozark's at LAKEOZARKTALK.com.

You might post about the Local TV Stations here at gatewaycityradio.com and tvnewstalk.net and Local Radio Stations at gatewaycityradio.com.

Joplin needs a Message Board.

I like to keep up on Commercial happenings in your area,Lake of the Ozarks,Johnson County,KS,Lebanon thru Rolla,Mid MO,Seminole County,FL,rest of MO and so on.

Nothing going in that area because all the action is from Battlefield Road to 60 on Glenstone where places want to go.

You might see a Grocery Store,Ace Hardware,Goody's Family Clothing and so on Chain go in that area.

• 3 months later...

Archived