New Westin and Daily Grill

tennreb

I ate at the new Daily Grill inside the Westin Beale Street today. They did an amazing job. The Daily Grill is destined to become a Memphis favorite rivaling the ever-popular Houston's. The food is outstanding classic American fare. I prefer it to Houston's because it is more laid-back, the menu is larger, and the restaurant has tons of light. Also, it has a great patio overlooking the FedExForum and an awesome bar with about 15 different vodkas sitting on a built-in tub of ice in the center of the bar. Also, the bar displays all the garnishes in artful form. The hotel itself has a seperate bar that is destined to become the hotspot for downtown hipsters and well-off twentysomethings from the burbs looking to escape the boredom out there. It's the perect spot for a jazz singer. I have stayed in many Westins all over the country, and this is the nicest I've ever seen. It is on the level of a W, with the same modern decor but more mature. This will definitely be the hangout spot before concerts and games. By the way, the Daily Grill has free valet parking for breakfast and lunch and $2.50 for dinner. You can pay the $2.50, eat dinner in the restaurant, and go to the game. The special "weekend menu" is very pricey, though.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I stopped by The Westin last night for a drink after going to a thing at the Orpheum. I like the design but the place feels a bit cold. The music they were playing was definitely not something you'd expect right off of Beale. I think they'll do well but they just need to tweak a few items. Overall I liked the place. Wish it was taller though. Oh well its new and in downtown.

I ate at the new Daily Grill inside the Westin Beale Street today. They did an amazing job. The Daily Grill is destined to become a Memphis favorite rivaling the ever-popular Houston's. The food is outstanding classic American fare. I prefer it to Houston's because it is more laid-back, the menu is larger, and the restaurant has tons of light. Also, it has a great patio overlooking the FedExForum and an awesome bar with about 15 different vodkas sitting on a built-in tub of ice in the center of the bar. Also, the bar displays all the garnishes in artful form. The hotel itself has a seperate bar that is destined to become the hotspot for downtown hipsters and well-off twentysomethings from the burbs looking to escape the boredom out there. It's the perect spot for a jazz singer. I have stayed in many Westins all over the country, and this is the nicest I've ever seen. It is on the level of a W, with the same modern decor but more mature. This will definitely be the hangout spot before concerts and games. By the way, the Daily Grill has free valet parking for breakfast and lunch and $2.50 for dinner. You can pay the $2.50, eat dinner in the restaurant, and go to the game. The special "weekend menu" is very pricey, though.

• 2 months later...

Glad to hear the folks that have visited DGMemphis have left happy. We're very proud of our restaurant. BTW, the valet is free for breakfast and lunch and 2.50 for dinner. The menu is about to change again...so please stop on by. spencer chef daily grill memphis

What's the difference between the Daily Grill and the Grill Room? Is the latter a small "restaurant within a restaurant" with a different menu? Haven't made it there yet, but count me as a future customer for the DG...

The Grill Room is indeed a restaurant within a restaurant. It's where we serve the higher dollar items. It's a six table room with a fireplace and temp controlled wine wall. It's modeled after the Grill on The Alley, the original restaurant, in Beverly Hills. The Daily Grill is a bistro whereas the Grill Room is more fine dining and service oriented.

The Grill Room is indeed a restaurant within a restaurant. It's where we serve the higher dollar items. It's a six table room with a fireplace and temp controlled wine wall. It's modeled after the Grill on The Alley, the original restaurant, in Beverly Hills. The Daily Grill is a bistro whereas the Grill Room is more fine dining and service oriented.

Archived