St. Joe pics and bluffside

mgman

Here are a few pics I had on my computer of the buildings along the bluff overlooking Lake Michigan in St. Joe. I would like to get more and add them if the weather ever gets better and maybe get to downtown Benton Harbor if I get a chance but for now this is all I have. The empty area below the bluff that used to be industrial areas is going to be a new community park with buildings for meetings, kids museum, carousel, a butterfly house (not a fan), and other things called Bluffside. I tried to find a completed design of the project but could not the link is to the best thing that I could find, it is not much so do not expect much. The whole process has been long, controversial and has changed numerous times.

St. Joe City newsletter

It is down about halfway on the second page

cimg0043wu6.jpg

cimg0065iq6.jpg

cimg0045cz3.jpg

cimg0056vx7.jpg

Condos and across the chanel the Coast Guard buildings

cimg0055wc2.jpg

YWCA

cimg0051nw6.jpg

The old light house depot, now the yacht club

cimg0054kx0.jpg

Whitcomb Hotel

cimg0063vr5.jpg

cimg0067ay2.jpg

Berrien County Courthouse

cimg0052bn3.jpg

cimg0048ih7.jpg

The old GAR building

cimg0059zx8.jpg

Maids of the Mist Fountain from the Inter-State Industrial Exposition in 1883

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the pics mgman. I was in St. Joe for the first time last summer, so I recognize a couple of the shots. The fountain in that last picture looks nice, does it still work?

I never made it into Benton Harbor so if you ever get any pictures there I'd like to see them.

Thanks for the pics mgman. I was in St. Joe for the first time last summer, so I recognize a couple of the shots. The fountain in that last picture looks nice, does it still work?

I never made it into Benton Harbor so if you ever get any pictures there I'd like to see them.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived