NBA Talk

dgreco

DGreco, you da man!!!! Thanks for starting this thread! You beat me to it! + the logo's make it even better!

The 07' playoffs will be VERY interesting!!! I am not a big Heat fan, but the Miami Heat are the defending champs; someone will have to step-it-up and stop Shaq. Lately no Center has been able to do that; but D Wade has been hurting. They play the BULLS which should be the Best 1st round match-up. I considered the Bulls my "sleeper team"; but I can't believe they dropped from #2 to #5 so fast. The Heat/Bulls could go 7 games?? Great series last year. This is when Ben Wallace earns his pay trying to stop Shaq!

The Pistons have the best record and the Cavs with LeBron are looking to take that next step??

No doubt the West is the "Best" with the NBA's three best teams! Mavs, Suns, and Spurs. It's a crap-shoot!!! And the Rockets will be tough to handle too with a healthy T Mac and Yao playing great ball now!! The Nuggets should play the Spurs tough! And props to Golden State after a long drought(since 93'). They have played as strong as anybody vs. the Mavs.

Too hard to pick-em'; I'll just sit back and enjoy!!!

Who would I like to see in the Finals??? Suns vs. Bulls!!! It ain't gonna be easy!!! Will it be a Mavs/Heat rematch?? Or an old-school Spurs/Pistons re-match??

O.K. I'll go ahead and pick :lol: since you twisted my arm.

Spurs (4-2)

Suns (4-1)

Rockets (4-2)

Mavs (4-2)

Bulls (4-3)

Nets (4-2)

Pistons (4-1)

Cavs (4-0)

They should go back to the old way with Best 3 out of 5 in the 1st Round. 4 out of 7 is too played out; save that for Round 2!

O.K. I'll go ahead and pick :lol: since you twisted my arm.

Spurs (4-2)

Suns (4-1)

Rockets (4-2)

Mavs (4-2)

Bulls (4-3)

Nets (4-2)

Pistons (4-1)

Cavs (4-0)

They should go back to the old way with Best 3 out of 5 in the 1st Round. 4 out of 7 is too played out; save that for Round 2!

7 game series really defeats any first round upsets in the playoffs. which takes away from the fun of the NBA playoffs, atleast upset wise.

Today's Bulls-Heat game was exciting. The Bulls won 96-91.

Also the Nets beat the Raptors earlier.

Bulls looked good, and the Raptors Idk... I was torn, I think they played ok, but Carter didn't play all that well, so its tough to say how the next few games are gonna go.

The Bulls are much more well rounded this year. The mark of a good team is anybody is capable of stepping it up on any given occasion. Hinrich is usually $money, but had a awful game today. Others like Luol Deng, Ben Gordon and Andres Nocioni stepped up big time. They also have an added toughness with Ben Wallace, a vet like P.J. Brown, ultra-athletic rookie in Tyrus Thomas. +The Bulls are tough to beat at home. They are my "Sleeper" team from the East.

The Raptors lack playoff experience, unlike the Nets.

But I am still not thrilled the Bulls had to play the Heat in the 1st round.

I dont think the Heat were too excited for this matchup either. I think the Bulls take it in 6.

Pistons take their first game against Orlando. I think that series is done in 5.

I have a feeling that the cav's are gonna have the easiest road into the semi's and quite possibly the easiest road to the conference finals.

I dunno... easiest in terms of competition? Maybe, but probably not easiest in terms of the Cavs.

Against their potential roadblocks to the semis or finals they'll have to go through the following...

Bulls 2-2

Pistons 1-3

Heat 1-3

Im assuming the Pistons & Cavs win their first round series, but the Heat/Bulls winner or the Pistons will take out the Cavs. They are still an overrated team, somewhat like an eastern conference version of Kobe's Lakers.

I dunno... easiest in terms of competition? Maybe, but probably not easiest in terms of the Cavs.

Against their potential roadblocks to the semis or finals they'll have to go through the following...

Bulls 2-2

Pistons 1-3

Heat 1-3

Im assuming the Pistons & Cavs win their first round series, but the Heat/Bulls winner or the Pistons will take out the Cavs. They are still an overrated team, somewhat like an eastern conference version of Kobe's Lakers.

I think they are the most overrated team in the NBA, but matchups vs the wizards and then the nets/raptors is easier than playing any of the follwoing; heat, bulls, pistons... I think if they make it to the conference finals they will get blown out, but they should make it.

I think they are the most overrated team in the NBA, but matchups vs the wizards and then the nets/raptors is easier than playing any of the follwoing; heat, bulls, pistons... I think if they make it to the conference finals they will get blown out, but they should make it.

Not overrated, but definitely overhyped because of LeBron. They won 50 games for the 2nd year in a row, and took Detroit to seven games in last years playoffs. A solid team - good on defense, but do have their flaws on offense, and can stagnate in the half court.

New Jersey isn't that much of a cupcake.