NBA Talk

dgreco

Thanks Nate for the clip!!! That was one sick dunk! With BD healthy the Hornets back then were a completely different team. Even Wed..Night his hamstring was giving him problems. But he came back strong!

if they go 7 games with Utah, his hamstring will hurt him the next series and if they get past that the championship. They need to have one short series if they want to be serious contenders.

Any predictions for tonight, guys?

I'm picking the Pistons to finish the Bulls in Chicago tonight, and the Warriors to tie their series at 2-2 after they have another explosive game in Oakland.

I agree with you, I wish the bulls played better, they looked good against Miami. For some reason I just hate the pistons so I always want them to lose, but they are looking great in the first two series.

I'm pretty indifferent when it comes to the Bulls/Pistons series, so I'm just calling that one like I see it. The fact that the Bulls blew a 20 point lead, at home, in what was essentially a "must win" game really showed me that they just don't want it as much as everyone thought after they swept the Heat.

I'm pretty indifferent when it comes to the Bulls/Pistons series, so I'm just calling that one like I see it. The fact that the Bulls blew a 20 point lead, at home, in what was essentially a "must win" game really showed me that they just don't want it as much as everyone thought after they swept the Heat.

it is really surprsing how they blew that lead, especially since they are such a good home team.

Well I was off in my prediction for the Bulls/Pistons game. The Bulls just won the game 102-87 at home. The game was very similar to the last, with the Bulls really dominated the first half and into the third quarter, but then letting the Pistons come back and make a run for it. The Bulls let a 20 point lead slip to 8 or 9 in the 4th quarter, but managed to pull it out this time. I still don't see them winning game 5 in Detroit, however.

It's ashame the Bulls blew that BIG lead the other day or this series would be tied at 2-2. I was hoping they would not let the Pistons sweep them.

Golden State is going to have to figure out a way to win a game in Utah, who has "homecourt" advantage.

Not taking anything way from the Spurs, because they are solid. But the refs did the Suns no favors. The Suns are down 2-1 and can't afford to lose tommorrow. They also have to figure out a way to stop Duncan who is on a mission this year after injuries slowed him(disapionted) down last season.

Well I was off in my prediction for the Bulls/Pistons game. The Bulls just won the game 102-87 at home. The game was very similar to the last, with the Bulls really dominated the first half and into the third quarter, but then letting the Pistons come back and make a run for it. The Bulls let a 20 point lead slip to 8 or 9 in the 4th quarter, but managed to pull it out this time. I still don't see them winning game 5 in Detroit, however.

they can't hold a lead, mostly because they are young. If they get another big man inside after Wallace they will be a great team. Also the young players are playing great.

Rookie Tyrus Thomas is still raw but FUN to watch!! With his high flying dunks and blocked shots!!! Like you said the Bulls are young...they could eventually be the team to beat in the East as the Pistons continue to age.

I agree. I think this is the last year the Pistons will roost as kings of the East. The Bulls have such a young and talented roster, they will only get better... if the Wallace contract doesn't saddle them in year 3/4.

The Jazz had an impressive showing at GS! Winning 115-101 and now up 3-1. The Jazz are a force to be wreckon with! Boozer, Okur, Kirlenko, and Pt. Guard Deron Williams is smooth! My heart goes out to Derrick Fisher.

it looked like Utah closed that series up last night. Golden State is taking to many threes. They aren't drivign to the hoop and then shooting the three or just going right to the hoop. Breaking their game plan that worked against dallas and it is showing.

It's official.... The Spurs are "dirty"!!! Some unecessary B.S! Another cheap shot! A GREAT 4th Quarter comeback(16-3 run) for the Suns!!! and a BIG Win!!! Saving the Suns season with the series now tied 2-2 going back to the desert!.

Edited by richyb83

It's official.... The Spurs are "dirty"!!! Some unecessary B.S! Another cheap shot! A GREAT 4th Quarter comeback(16-3 run) for the Suns!!! and a BIG Win!!! Saving the Suns season with the series now tied 2-2 going back to the desert!.

both games were good last night, and it is sad it had to end like that. Only 18 seconds left, they should of jsut played it out.

The NBA SUCKS!!! They are rewarding the Spurs for last night's cheap shot! This disgust me! :sick: Stoudamire and Diaw will be suspended for Game 5. Horry will be suspended for two games. If rules are rules??? Then why not suspend Duncan and Bowen too?? They both left the bench in the 2nd Qtr. with the Elson/Jones skirmish! Why not them too if rules are rules? This is ridiculous, they(Stoudamire/Diaw) were never even close to involved in the skirmish!

The NBA is ruining the Best Series of these playoffs!!! I have never seen anybody whine as much as Tim Duncan. Now I know this series goes 7 games. I really wish Nash's nose hadn't been dripping blood in Game 1 an unable to play the final minute in a tight ball game.

The NBA SUCKS!!! They are rewarding the Spurs for last night's cheap shot! This disgust me! :sick: Stoudamire and Diaw will be suspended for Game 5. Horry will be suspended for two games. If rules are rules??? Then why not suspend Duncan and Bowen too?? They both left the bench in the 2nd Qtr. with the Elson/Jones skirmish! Why not them too if rules are rules? This is ridiculous, they(Stoudamire/Diaw) were never even close to involved in the skirmish!

The NBA is ruining the Best Series of these playoffs!!! I have never seen anybody whine as much as Tim Duncan. Now I know this series goes 7 games. I really wish Nash's nose hadn't been dripping blood in Game 1 an unable to play the final minute in a tight ball game.

the NBA would do something about Duncan and Bowen if they were actually near the other players... Diaw and Stoudamire walked into the skirmish, I think that is why they got the suspensions. It is definitely going to hurt them for game 5 though.

Yeah true, you are right dgreco...Duncan, Bowen were nowhere near the altercation. But I wonder if Tony Parker had been closed lined by a Sun near the Spurs side if the same thing hadn't happened??

This is going to be tough for the Suns to overcome in Game 5 for sure. I bet that rule get's a serious look in the offseason.

^ Hopefully fatigue won't set in for the Suns. This effects Game 6 as well; with the quick turn-around.

The Bulls looked sharp tonight vs. the Pistons at Detroit tonight Winning 108-92 and avoiding being eliminated! Now down 3-2 the Bulls go back to Chi-town for Game 6!

They should have been suspended for the rest of the playoffs.

Edited by TONYCLT

They?? Who is they??

Please help out a poor ole southern dude....Why do people enjoy hockey fights and they are free(allowed) to duke it out with blood dripping everywhere, no suspension ?? Does that help sell tickets? >On the flipside< The NBA... Stoudamire and Diaw simply approach a dirty move and leave the bench to defend a team mate. They reacted on a natural impulse to get their "star players" back; they never touched, swung, or pushed..Stoudamire and Diaw are not thugs.

It's unfortunate Amare Stoudamire was on the bench in the first place; he should have just been in the game and this would not be an issue.

I know rules are rules... in this instance Bad Rule....Charles Barkley started this rule in the early 90's..and said it's now not being used properly...oh well just my rant...I'm a Suns fan and this is tough.

How bout them Bulls?? Can they make history vs. the Pistons??

Edited by richyb83

^ Hopefully fatigue won't set in for the Suns. This effects Game 6 as well; with the quick turn-around.

The Bulls looked sharp tonight vs. the Pistons at Detroit tonight Winning 108-92 and avoiding being eliminated! Now down 3-2 the Bulls go back to Chi-town for Game 6!

I dont think Chicago will win the series, but they will probably bring it to a game 7, and that is tough on Detroit, especially if the Cav's can close out the series.

I said this in the "Louisiana Sports Talk" thread in the Louisiana forum:

It's pretty sad isn't it, Richy? That rule needs to be changed immediately; David Stern, however, still thinks it is "a good rule." The fact that the Suns are suffering more from suspentions because of something a a Spurs player did is ridiculous.

"Big shot Rob" really lived up to his moniker on that one, didn't he?

BTW, I've never had much use for the Spurs, but this series just pushed them to the bottom of my list as well. Bowen tries to clip Stoudamire from behind, knees Steve Nash in the groin, and Robert Horry knocks Nash clean off his feet into the scorer's table. What a great way to respond from being called a "dirty team."

Of course I have alot of respect for Tim Duncan, who is usually a very classy guy. Beyond that, though, I just don't care.

I said this in the "Louisiana Sports Talk" thread in the Louisiana forum:

it is weird how strong he was on the rules. I was watching ESPN and both sportscenter and PTI argued with him and he wouldn't acknowledge that it is even gonig to hurt the suns. I will say I give him credit for trying to clean the league up, we forget only 10-15 years ago the league was on tape delay and they had a coke running rampant through the league. Stern has helped the league A LOT. I do wish he would look at the spirit of the law besides the letter in this case, but it is so hardto know what he was really doing.

Also, I have been hearing people think the bulls are gonna pull an 04 sox and steal the series, do you think it can happen?