NBA Talk

dgreco

^its crazy 1-8 is closer in the west than 1-2 is in the East. And it is not like the Celtics are that much better than every other team in the league.

I also think the Celtics won the division last night with the win over the Bucks.

We could also see a game between houston who has won 22 straight and a celtics team who has won 13 out of 14 thats lucky marketing that they have :P

^its crazy 1-8 is closer in the west than 1-2 is in the East. And it is not like the Celtics are that much better than every other team in the league.

Uh...., Yes they are. The Celtics and the Pistons would be 1st in the West. The Magic are right behind them, and then the other 5 teams in the East are a big drop down and wouldn't even be in the playoffs in the West.

Uh...., Yes they are. The Celtics and the Pistons would be 1st in the West. The Magic are right behind them, and then the other 5 teams in the East are a big drop down and wouldn't even be in the playoffs in the West.

I think thy are much higher because the rest of the East Stinks. I think if Detroit, Boston, Cleveland, Toronto or Orlando played in the West they would be a mid-tier team. I also think the reason they show up well in the finals is because the road is easier and teams are much less worn out. We saw last year a Cleveland team who was bad but made it and a SA team who was good both rested SA blew them away.

^add to the fact it is easier to get streaks in the east and have a better record because of lack of competition.

It is almost impossible to think of what Houston has done with the streak. The conference is tough and winning so many is tough it is probably one of the coolest things in 2007-08 so far.

The West is going to tire each other out thoughout the playoffs. The top teams in the East will win easily and be rested for whatever team makes it out of the West. Boston is just too good this year. They'll almost coast to a championship.

I hope that they can do it but Detroit still scares me because Billups is one of the best pg's in the NBA

The matchup that everyone has to catch tonight...

Houston Rockets vs. Boston Celtics

Houston has won 22 straight and the Celtics have won 13 out of 14. If you do the last 22 for each

they are a combined 30-4. I am excited for this game :o

The streak is over at 22...the Rockets were blasted by the Celtics tonight 94-74. And the schedule remains tough with road games at the Hornets, Warriors and Suns.

Impressive that the Celtics swept the Texas triangle(Spurs, Mavs, Rockets) on the road this year!

Edited by richyb83

The streak is over at 22...the Rockets were blasted by the Celtics tonight 94-74. And the schedule remains tough with road games at the Hornets, Warriors and Suns.

Impressive that the Celtics swept the Texas triangle(Spurs, Mavs, Rockets) on the road this year!

The Rockets are in for a tough streak, 8 out of 10 on the road and 10 out of the last 15 on the road. I just hope they do not get down and blow the a home series or even the playoffs the way the west is.

The Celtics looks dominate and I was impressed. I would be happy if they take 1 of 2 from Dallas and New Orleans. If they take 2 they are a strong team and proved they can do it on the road too. They are 22-4 in the west, but only 2-3 on the road.

Hate to say I told you so..., but.

Celtics are for real, not that Houston isn't, but the Celtics really are that good.

Hate to say I told you so..., but.

Celtics are for real, not that Houston isn't, but the Celtics really are that good.

I didnt say they were good, but I think they wouldn't have those records if they played the west teams day in and day out like the rest of the West.

I guess we will just have to find out in the Playoffs. The Celtics just had an impressive tough (3-1) Western road trip; losing only to the Hornets Friday.

The jam-packed West leaves little room for error; you can drop from 2nd to 6th with just a couple of losses.

EASTERN CONFERENCE

#1 Celtics 55-14 * they are for real, no doubt

#2 Pistons 49-20 *for some reason you can never count them out

#3 Magic 46-26 *sleeper candidate??

#4 Cavs 40-31 *As long as they have LeBron I guess there is a chance??

#5 Wizards 36-33 *beat Pistons tonight; no shot w/o Arenas

#6 Raptors 35-35

#7 76'ers 35-35

#8 Hawks 30-39

WESTERN CONFERENCE

#1 Hornets 47-21 *Chris Paul a serious MVP Candidate! Team lacks playoff experience

#2 Lakers 48-22 *need to get/stay healthy

#3 Suns 47-22 *starting to gel w/ Shaq??

#4 Jazz 46-25 *as dangerous as anybody on a given night; ask the Celtics

#5 Rockets 47-23 *can they maintain intensity??

#6 Spurs 47-23 * see Pistons

#7 Mavericks 44-26 *Bad record vs. winning teams/Dirk now injured

#8 Warriors 43-26 *explosive team with flaws

-- Nuggets 42-28 *keeping the pressure on the Warriors & now the Mavs

-- Blazers 37-33 *would be a 5th seed in East

Just my 2 cents....

I guess we will just have to find out in the Playoffs. The Celtics just had an impressive tough (3-1) Western road trip; losing only to the Hornets Friday.

The jam-packed West leaves little room for error; you can drop from 2nd to 6th with just a couple of losses.

EASTERN CONFERENCE

#1 Celtics 55-14 * they are for real, no doubt

#2 Pistons 49-20 *for some reason you can never count them out

#3 Magic 46-26 *sleeper candidate??

#4 Cavs 40-31 *As long as they have LeBron I guess there is a chance??

#5 Wizards 36-33 *beat Pistons tonight; no shot w/o Arenas

#6 Raptors 35-35

#7 76'ers 35-35

#8 Hawks 30-39

WESTERN CONFERENCE

#1 Hornets 47-21 *Chris Paul a serious MVP Candidate! Team lacks playoff experience

#2 Lakers 48-22 *need to get/stay healthy

#3 Suns 47-22 *starting to gel w/ Shaq??

#4 Jazz 46-25 *as dangerous as anybody on a given night; ask the Celtics

#5 Rockets 47-23 *can they maintain intensity??

#6 Spurs 47-23 * see Pistons

#7 Mavericks 44-26 *Bad record vs. winning teams/Dirk now injured

#8 Warriors 43-26 *explosive team with flaws

-- Nuggets 42-28 *keeping the pressure on the Warriors & now the Mavs

-- Blazers 37-33 *would be a 5th seed in East

Just my 2 cents....

I agree with all the insight and like how you set it up.

The team out east that will cause first round problems will be Washington if they have Arenas and I also think Toronto is still a really good team to knock off a team like Orlando in that first round.

Out West literally 8 can beat 1 7 can beat 2 and so on. I actually see Dallas falling out though with Dirk now being hurt and in the next 10 games the only easy ones are when the play the LA Clippers twice.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks dgreco. And thank you for re-starting this thread a while back! :thumbsup:

With March Madness NCAA Championship now behind us; we can focus more of our attention on the NBA regular season that's coming down to the wire with only 4 more games left. The Playoffs start April 19th.

East 1 & 2 lost last night...The Wizards beat the Celtics 109-95 and the Sixers beat the Pistons 101-94.

The Suns looked impressive on the road vs. Spurs 96-79 after their 4th qtr. meltdown Sunday vs. the Mavs.

In the Battle for West #8 the Nuggets play at the Warriors tonight!

EASTERN CONFERENCE

#1 Celtics 62-16 * have Home court advantage throughout

#2 Pistons 55-23 * locked down on 2nd seed

#3 Magic 49-29 * Sixers in 1st round??

#4 Cavs 43-35 * Wizards in 1st round figures to be entertaining

#5 Wizards 41-37 * Celtics kryptonite? won 3 out of 4; now everybody healthy

#6 76'ers 40-38 * playing good ball lately!

#7 Raptors 39-39 * Pistons in 1st round??

#8 Hawks 36-42 * should defer 8th spot to Warriors or Nuggets??

-- Pacers 34-44

WESTERN CONFERENCE

#1 Hornets 55-23 * Can they hold-on and win the West??

#2 Lakers 53-25 * hold tie-breaker vs. Suns

#3 Spurs 53-24 * Veteran team ready for another playoff run??

#4 Jazz 52-26 * Best Home record in NBA; have the Hornets number beating them 3 out of 4

#5 Rockets 53-25 * Killer 1st round match-up vs. Jazz??

#6 Suns 53-26 * Stoudamire is a Monster at his natural power Forward position!

#7 Mavericks 49-29 * Dirk is already back; holding on to 7th place??

#8 Nuggets 47-31 * it's ashame one of these two teams won't be in the playoffs

-- Warriors 47-31 " " "

Edited by richyb83

^thanks for showing the updates every now and then. The Sixers might be the hottest team in the NBA and will be a tough opponent. Also, if the Celtics have to play the Wizards in the second round it will be tough with the Wizards taking 3 out of 4 from the Celtics. I think the C's would win a playoff series, but still a tough one---much tougher than Cleveland.

As for the west, I would love to see Dallas get knocked out and both Golden State and Denver make the playoffs. I hate the Mav's, Cuban and everything about that team. I do hope the Rockets win in the first round and McGrady wins a series. If they play Utah I think it will be tough.

While we are ranting about who we don't like :lol: ...here's my 2 cents

I can't stand the Spurs anymore after what happened in last year's Playoffs vs. the Suns....the Spurs were basically rewarded for the repeated dirty play in that series and went on to become NBA Champs. Needless to say they have become an intense rivalry. I hope the Suns get the chance to knock the Spurs out of the playoffs this year.

Also don't care for the Lakers; Kobe is one of the NBA's best players and among the best whiny-baby's; don't like coach Phil Jackson much either.

Edited by richyb83

While we are ranting about who we don't like :lol: ...here's my 2 cents

I can't stand the Spurs anymore after what happened in last year's Playoffs vs. the Suns....the Spurs were basically rewarded for the repeated dirty play in that series and went on to become NBA Champs. Needless to say they have become an intense rivalry. I hope the Suns get the chance to knock the Spurs out of the playoffs this year.

Also don't care for the Lakers; Kobe is one of the NBA's best players and among the best whiny-baby's; don't like coach Phil Jackson much either.

I agree they are two teams you just can't seem to like. To be hoenst I also don't like the Suns. I really like Houston, Golden State, even New Orleans. Utah is pretty Neutral.

Thanks for posting all of that dgreco. The "logos" add so much to this thread! :thumbsup:

Like most of us have been saying...looks like the Celtics or Pistons out of the East; and just about any of the teams out in the brutal West. Question is?? After all the strong teams in the West basically cannibalize each other, how much fuel will be left in the tank for the Western Conference Champs vs. the Eastern Conference Champ??

The Suns-Spurs series will be very intense!!! The Spurs are the defending champs so they are still the team to beat. Who wins the Jazz-Rockets series?? Ouch!! The Hornets-Mavs should be interesting! Will the Nuggets hold up against the Lakers??

The Celtics should win their series 4-1; the Pistons over Sixers 4-2; I think the Magic hold off the Raptors; the East most interesting match-up Cavs over the Wizards 4-3.

Edited by richyb83

Thanks for posting all of that dgreco. The "logos" add so much to this thread! :thumbsup:

Like most of us have been saying...looks like the Celtics or Pistons out of the East; and just about any of the teams out in the brutal West. Question is?? After all the strong teams in the West basically cannibalize each other, how much fuel will be left in the tank for the Western Conference Champs vs. the Eastern Conference Champ??

The Suns-Spurs series will be very intense!!! The Spurs are the defending champs so they are still the team to beat. Who wins the Jazz-Rockets series?? Ouch!! The Hornets-Mavs should be interesting! Will the Nuggets hold up against the Lakers??

The Celtics should win their series 4-1; the Pistons over Sixers 4-2; I think the Magic hold off the Raptors; the East most interesting match-up Cavs over the Wizards 4-3.

I think the finals will be Jazz vs. Celtics, except I think the wizards beat the cavs and then take the celtics to 7 games. I also think the sixers take the pistons to 7 games. The west is a toss up each series, the most interesting out west is the Suns/Spurs series I think.

^It would not be totally suprising to see the Wizards beat the Cavs.

I think they could do it fairly easily too, a 5 or 6 game round. I think the most interesting has to be the spurs/suns though. I think that could go 7 and be a surprise. I am also a little into the Mav's series. I hate them, but NO has no one to guard Dirk.