NBA Talk

dgreco

3 out of 4 teams have punched tickets to the next round. SAS did it pretty convincingly also.

3sas.gifSan Antonio Spurs 4

vs.

6pho2.gifPhoenix Suns 1

Hey Grant Hill... How's that snub of resigning with Orlando to go to Phoenix so you could be on a title contender working out for you?

Edited by facilities man

Hey Grant Hill... How's that snub of resigning with Orlando to go to Phoenix so you could be on a title contender working out for you?

How about Shaq too, he must now realize he is at the end of his career and can't do much. If I was a PHX fan I would be pissed trading away Marion for Shaq, especially since he didn't do much.

How about Shaq too, he must now realize he is at the end of his career and can't do much. If I was a PHX fan I would be pissed trading away Marion for Shaq, especially since he didn't do much.

Phoenix is definately a team that is done, (the old mans club).

Shaq, I can understand. His time with Miami was over and they're not so good.

Grant Hill was a different story. Grant signed with the Magic 5 or so years ago and had ankle trouble every year. He was a trooper and rehabed hard to get back in shape, but Orlando paid him almost 100 million over the past several years and he played in something like 50 games, total. The fans stuck with him though and didn't gripe about paying him all that money for nothing because he was legitimately hurt and was trying to come back. After collecting his money and finally getting healthy he bolts to Phoenix the first chance he gets, totally blowing all the good will built up with the fans who now dislike him more than any other former player, even Shaq. Grant Hill was a good guy and involved in the community too. He actually signed with Phoenix for less than the Magic were going to give him. He would have been an asset to Orlando this year and could have obviously went further into the playoffs. I'm just glad to see someone so disloyal get what he deserved. It would have been better if they didn't even make the playoffs.

Edited by facilities man

Yeah I miss the old Suns break-neck "run & gun". I missed Joe Johnson who's now with the Hawks(unstopable 4th qtr. vs. Celtics 20pts) and Shawn "Matrix" Marion. They got Shaq more for Defensive reasons. Agree with me or not it sucks you can just foul somebody away from the ball continuously. Yeah he should shoot better, but still come-on that ain't basketball!

Shaq was only 9 of 20 from the free-throw line...that was the difference last night only losing by 5!!! Covincing??? Yeah 4-1 is convincing; but "only" Game 3 was a convincing Win for the Spurs. The Suns 1st two games had double-digit leads (losing Game 1 in Double OT); one they knew they BLEW! Winning that game could have easily make it 2-2 instead of 3-1. The Suns one Win was a blow-out 105-86.

Props to a savvy Spurs team that executes in the end.

Still I hate the Spurs! They ain't so young either. I hope the Hornets crush them. I'm sure Duncan will be the whiny baby he is everytime and Parker continously to take 3 and 4 steps in the lane. They won't have anybody to foul like Shaq.

Edited by richyb83

Phoenix is definately a team that is done, (the old mans club).

Shaq, I can understand. His time with Miami was over and they're not so good.

Grant Hill was a different story. Grant signed with the Magic 5 or so years ago and had ankle trouble every year. He was a trooper and rehabed hard to get back in shape, but Orlando paid him almost 100 million over the past several years and he played in something like 50 games, total. The fans stuck with him though and didn't gripe about paying him all that money for nothing because he was legitimately hurt and was trying to come back. After collecting his money and finally getting healthy he bolts to Phoenix the first chance he gets, totally blowing all the good will built up with the fans who now dislike him more than any other former player, even Shaq. Grant Hill was a good guy and involved in the community too. He actually signed with Phoenix for less than the Magic were going to give him. He would have been an asset to Orlando this year and could have obviously went further into the playoffs. I'm just glad to see someone so disloyal get what he deserved. It would have been better if they didn't even make the playoffs.

The coach is done too now, so it looks like that team is a complete upheaval and I wonder how they will rebound next year.

I'm really looking forward to seeing how the final Hawks-Celtics works out. I don't think anyone expected this series to be the one that's going all the way to game 7, especially with so many other great match-ups that we're predicted to go all the way, but didn't. Many people thought this would be a sweep by the Celtics, but the Hawks have proven extremely resilient. However, they still have to face the fact that all three of their wins have come at home in Phillips Arena and not in Boston.

If the Hawks manage to take this series, it will be quite possibly the biggest upset in NBA playoffs history, as well as one of the biggest in sports history.

Even if the Hawks lose, though, this series has shown some weak spots in the Celtics that other teams will certainly exploit later.

I'm really looking forward to seeing how the final Hawks-Celtics works out. I don't think anyone expected this series to be the one that's going all the way to game 7, especially with so many other great match-ups that we're predicted to go all the way, but didn't. Many people thought this would be a sweep by the Celtics, but the Hawks have proven extremely resilient. However, they still have to face the fact that all three of their wins have come at home in Phillips Arena and not in Boston.

If the Hawks manage to take this series, it will be quite possibly the biggest upset in NBA playoffs history, as well as one of the biggest in sports history.

Even if the Hawks lose, though, this series has shown some weak spots in the Celtics that other teams will certainly exploit later.

I think it will be impossible for the celtics to lose at home, Atlanta is to young to keep the momentum on the road like they do at home. Their biggest weakness is speed, they can not defend speed. I think they will have a tough time throughout the rest of the playoffs, because tey showed weakness and immaturity, but the Cav's are not a "fast" team so I think they should be able to beat Cleveland. The Wizards are much faster, so that could of been scarier.

No doubt Boston has been exposed. I predicted the Celtics to handle the Hawks in 5 games 4-1. Very suprising turn of events taking it to 7.

The Pistons pounded the Magic 91-72 in Game 1.

The Hornets easily handled the Spurs 101-82.

The Lakers/Jazz should be a great series. The Lakers should benefit after having more rest, sweeping the Nuggets. The Jazz just eliminated the Rockets Friday night and already have to play again on Sunday afternoon. I feel bad for TMac too; but many NBA Greats have nevr won a Title either.

Edited by richyb83

No doubt Boston has been exposed. I predicted the Celtics to handle the Hawks in 5 games 4-1. Very suprising turn of events taking it to 7.

The Pistons pounded the Magic 91-72 in Game 1.

The Hornets easily handled the Spurs 101-82.

The Lakers/Jazz should be a great series. The Lakers should benefit after having more rest, sweeping the Nuggets. The Jazz just eliminated the Rockets Friday night and already have to play again on Sunday afternoon. I feel bad for TMac too; but many NBA Greats have nevr won a Title either.

The celtics are really a surprising thing. I am also surprised how good the hornets and pistons played. They both dominated the first games of the series, and won with significant leads.

1bos.gifBoston Celtics 4

over

8atl_2.gifAtlanta Hawks 3

Finally Boston played like they should. They dominated and its probably the most dominate playoff game the NBA has seen in a while. Half the starters were out at the half, and the rest were out by mid way through the 3rd. They won by a lot, and hopefully this helps them rebound and play Cleveland with the dominance they should have through the playoffs.

What was up with the clock at the end of the 3rd quarter??? They should have started the play over again. That 3 pointer at the buzzer should not have counted for the Pistons. The Magic were only down by 2 with 11 seconds left in the game; take that three away and that could have changed things??

WOW! The Hornets now up 2-0; really control things after the half in BOTH games. Game 1 in the 2nd half they outscored the Spurs 56-33; and tonight 36-18 in the 3rd qtr. CP3 is a bad dude! Contrary to what some might say; the Suns series with all those close games drained the Spurs more than one might think. They are in a must-win situation Thursday.

Edited by richyb83

What was up with the clock at the end of the 3rd quarter??? They should have started the play over again. That 3 pointer at the buzzer should not have counted for the Pistons. The Magic were only down by 2 with 11 seconds left in the game; take that three away and that could have changed things??

WOW! The Hornets now up 2-0; really control things after the half in BOTH games. Game 1 in the 2nd half they outscored the Spurs 56-33; and tonight 36-18 in the 3rd qtr. CP3 is a bad dude! Contrary to what some might say; the Suns series with all those close games drained the Spurs more than one might think. They are in a must-win situation Thursday.

The clock malfunction was tough, but its so hard to really estimate it. For the Hornets that was another huge blowout and they are looking sharp. Also, Chris Paul has looked amazing this playoffs he has been a great player.

The Magic rebounded in a BIG way! Pounding the Pistons 111-86; series now 2-1. The Pistons better hope Billups can return the the line-up healthy??

As much as it hurts to say it, the Lakers are playing good ball. The Jazz are in serious trouble down 2-0. They have the NBA's Best home record; but the Lakers have won there. If the Lakers can just split the Jazz two home games, it's over. Boozer has not showed up.

The Magic rebounded in a BIG way! Pounding the Pistons 111-86; series now 2-1. The Pistons better hope Billups can return the the line-up healthy??

As much as it hurts to say it, the Lakers are playing good ball. The Jazz are in serious trouble down 2-0. They have the NBA's Best home record; but the Lakers have won there. If the Lakers can just split the Jazz two home games, it's over. Boozer has not showed up.

I think all the series are "going as they should" home teams winning and winning by a decent margin. The surprise might be in the Spurs can make a little run once they are home. I still think NOH's are a little overrated.

Billups out didn't seem to hurt them the other night. The score wasn't close, but the kid that filled in had 19 points, some boards, some assists. If it is BOS/DET then it will hurt them a little, because BOS had no answer for Billups, but otherwise I think they should do fine without him. Especially if its just a week long strain and nothing to serious.

Celtics now take the 2-0 lead and looked dominate. They are playing great defense this series and much better than vs. Atlanta. They held the Cav's to 27% shooting in the game. Also, two games now where LeBron has done nothing because of great defense.

It's fairly amazing to me that the Home Team is 11-0 in the 2nd Round so far! That home-court really makes that BIG a difference.

So far in the playoffs Boston is 6-0 at home and 0-3 on the road. The Cavs gotta have this one.

The Jazz looked much beter last night vs. the Lakers.

The Hornets were tooth-n-nail vs. the Spurs til mid-way in the 4th.

It's fairly amazing to me that the Home Team is 11-0 in the 2nd Round so far! That home-court really makes that BIG a difference.

So far in the playoffs Boston is 6-0 at home and 0-3 on the road. The Cavs gotta have this one.

The Jazz looked much beter last night vs. the Lakers.

The Hornets were tooth-n-nail vs. the Spurs til mid-way in the 4th.

I know I find it very odd. I was listening to some sports talk radio, and they talked about how the most important homecourt of any sport is basketball. Still do not see why. I would think baseball would be because of the customization of each park, but i guess its the NBA. I wonder it is like that?

Two good eastern conference games tonight. This is the test for Boston to see if they can actually win on the road and not look vulnerable.