NBA Talk

dgreco

Boston got rocked tonight. Another tough road lose, but Cleveland played great. LeBron was back to normal, and if that was it they could of been ok, but Delonte West was on fire too. They hit basically every 3 they shot and looked good tonight. Hopefully Boston bounces back with a win on the road.

WEST

Great to see the Jazz pull that one off in OT! Truly a "must" win for them now 2-2 going back to L.A. Can't believe they blew that 12 piont lead with less than 4 minutes left. The Spurs are now tied the Hornets 2-2 after tonight's blow-out.

EAST

The Cavs looked strong beating the Celtics convincingly. What a shame for the Magic; now down 3-1 they have dug themselves a hole they may not be able to get out of.

The Home Team is now 14-1 in the 2nd Round! WOW!

:offtopic:

Hey dgreco, did you live in Rhode Island and recently move to Maryland?? Just curious, thought I noticed that?? Anyway you do a nice job with the Baltimore threads; I really enjoy reading about all those projects you posted :thumbsup:

WEST

Great to see the Jazz pull that one off in OT! Truly a "must" win for them now 2-2 going back to L.A. Can't believe they blew that 12 piont lead with less than 4 minutes left. The Spurs are now tied the Hornets 2-2 after tonight's blow-out.

EAST

The Cavs looked strong beating the Celtics convincingly. What a shame for the Magic; now down 3-1 they have dug themselves a hole they may not be able to get out of.

The Home Team is now 14-1 in the 2nd Round! WOW!

Hey dgreco, did you live in Rhode Island and recently move to Maryland?? Just curious, thought I noticed that?? Anyway you do a nice job with the Baltimore threads; I really enjoy reading about all those projects you posted :thumbsup:

Not only are they 14-1, but they could easily be 15-0. Orlando blew the other game at the end vs. Detroit.

If Boston gets blown out again tonight on the road, they will not win a championship. I think they could beat Cleveland and take 4 at home like they did vs. Atlanta, but when they player either Detroit - or - Orlando I don't think they can. Especially if they play, Detroit, which it looks like.

Thanks. I am hoping more people start talking about the projects too, I like posting them but would love to see others discuss, because a lot of them are cool. I moved to Rockville to work for the US Department of Health & Human Services in DC. I am also receiving my master's from McDaniel College in Westminster. I start work/school May 27th. Joined the Bmore-DC forum to learn some and they have a lot of porjects so its interesting.

Boston was within a few points, but couldn't pull it out. They gave up a few baskets at the end trying to catch up with only a little time left.

It is hard for boston when each night you have guys like Wally and Delonte just hitting everything they throw up. LeBron had a good game, but the role players have been key for Cleveland.

That's impressive dgreco, congrats :thumbsup:

The Pistons outlasted the Magic 91-86 to win the series 4-1. The Magic blew some opportunities again! The Pistons now await the Celtics/Cavs winner.

Lakers fans were complaining about Game 4 where Utah shot 45 times to the Lakers 25. But oh how they forget the first two games Lakers shot 89 foul shots to the Jazz 46; scary home team stats!

Home Team now 16-1 (like you said bown opportunity in 1 pt. loss)

2det_3.gifDetroit Pistons 4

over

3orl2.gifOrlando Magic 1

Detroit should be rested for the winner of the BOS/CLE series. We are looking at 9-10 days, and 12 for Billups. They might have an easy time in the finals if this series goes to 7.

That's impressive dgreco, congrats :thumbsup:

The Pistons outlasted the Magic 91-86 to win the series 4-1. The Magic blew some opportunities again! The Pistons now await the Celtics/Cavs winner.

Lakers fans were complaining about Game 4 where Utah shot 45 times to the Lakers 25. But oh how they forget the first two games Lakers shot 89 foul shots to the Jazz 46; scary home team stats!

Home Team now 16-1 (like you said bown opportunity in 1 pt. loss)

Thanks..

The home teams have been impressive so far. I really like the Hornets, I hope they steal this series. I am curious to see how Cleveland comes out tonight.

both Boston and Los Angeles have some good hard fought gritty wins last night. Now one of these two teams needs to get a win on the road.

I hope the Cavs can even it up in game 6, and then beat Boston in Boston for game 7. It will be tough, but if they can play like they did in Game 3, they can beat Boston in Boston. Go Cavs, Rise Up.

I hope the Cavs can even it up in game 6, and then beat Boston in Boston for game 7. It will be tough, but if they can play like they did in Game 3, they can beat Boston in Boston. Go Cavs, Rise Up.

I think LeBron needs to be more versatile. When he scores less the team gets involved and they play better. LeBron can put up 50 points any night, but when he does that the players start to stand around. When he is giving up assists and the like the players get involved and the Cavs play much better. They have to get back to that for game 6.

In another series the Cav's get the ref's to give them a bunch of calls. From the midpoint on the calls were completely one sided and way off. The C's had a chance and blew it, and then every other time they started to make a runt he Ref's blew it.

I think sunday will be exciting, but I have to say I think the Cav's go in a lot more confidently than the Hawks did and they could win it. If Boston starts off quick it will be over quick like the ATL series, but I don't think that is going to happen.

The home-court domination(20-2) makes this seem almost predictable til the Lakers jumped all over the cold-start Jazz; the Jazz made a crazy comeback down by 14 with less than 4 min. left. had two chances to actually tie the game at the end.

Has the Home team been winning so much because?? (a) home crowd get home team pumped up? (b) the refs intimidated by fans; give a little home cooking? © the visiting team just seems too flat? (d) all the above?

Gotta go with "D." Some of those calls against the Celtics and Hornets(not as bad) were pathetic. I realize the refs have a tough job; their human and make mistakes; but they are so inconsistant sometimes; and have too much power to disrupt the games momentum. It's frustrating!!! I wonder why I bother sometimes; but still find myself watching anyway.

The home-court domination(20-2) makes this seem almost predictable til the Lakers jumped all over the cold-start Jazz; the Jazz made a crazy comeback down by 14 with less than 4 min. left. had two chances to actually tie the game at the end.

Has the Home team been winning so much because?? (a) home crowd get home team pumped up? (b) the refs intimidated by fans; give a little home cooking?

1bos.gifBoston Celtics 4

over

4cle_2.gifCleveland Cavaliers 3

Boston played tough and with emotion tonight to get the win. I also think LeBron blew it at the end, he missed a layup, a three pointer, and a free throw shot. He had over 40/almost 40 in the game but still in the end he couldn't come through. Boston may be to tired for Detroit though, it will be tough.

1bos.gifBoston Celtics 4

over

4cle_2.gifCleveland Cavaliers 3

Boston played tough and with emotion tonight to get the win. I also think LeBron blew it at the end, he missed a layup, a three pointer, and a free throw shot. He had over 40/almost 40 in the game but still in the end he couldn't come through. Boston may be to tired for Detroit though, it will be tough.

I wouldn't put any part of that loss on LBJ seeing as he was the reason that the game was close. I would look at the relative non-imapct on offence by Ilgauskus and Szczerbiak as the reason. Pierce had a great game, and Boston really played at a high level to win the game.

I wouldn't put any part of that loss on LBJ seeing as he was the reason that the game was close. I would look at the relative non-imapct on offence by Ilgauskus and Szczerbiak as the reason. Pierce had a great game, and Boston really played at a high level to win the game.

I could agree if he didnt miss 3 out of his last 4 shots. When they were down 88-89 he missed an esay layup. I agree we didn't see a lot out of Ilgauskus, Wally, or Delonte, but when is hitting 40 in a game you aren't going to see much from the team. Like i said a few posts ago I think he needs to pass more, when he did pass out they hit the big 3 towards the end, but instead of forcing some of those shots late he should of drove and kicked out to the open guy.

The Lottery is in and so is the draft order:

1. Chicago Bulls

2. Miami Heat

3. Minnesota Timberwolves

4. Seattle Sonics

5. Memphis Grizzlies

6. New York Knicks

7. Los Angeles Clippers

8. Milwaukee Bucks

9. Charlotte Bobcats

10. New Jersey Nets

11. Indiana Pacers

12. Sacramento Kings

13. Portland Trailblazers

14. Golden State Warriors

15. Phoenix Suns

16. Philadelphia Sizers

17. Toronto Raptors

18. Washington Wizards

19. Cleveland Cavaliers

20. Denver Nuggets

21. New Jersey Nets

22. Orlando Magic

23. Utah Jazz

24. Seattle Sonics

25. Houston Rockets

26. San Antonio Spurs

27. New Orleans Hornets

28. Memphis Grizzlies

29. Detroit Pistons

30. Boston Celtics

The Bulls got extremely lucky, but the Heat end up in a good spot. They just get either Beasley or Rose and do not have to make hte decision. Much like last year, and Seattle ended up getting lucky with that also.

I have no looked at everyone yet, but I hope Roy Hibbert from Georgetown falls to the Celtics. He is a HUGE Center, and I like Perkins, but we need a bigger stronger guy in the middle. Perkins a great backup. If they get a center we will be seeing Perkins and Powe fighting it out for the backup. I think with the #1 pick the Bulls take Rose. They need a PG and he can help out right away.

Yes indeed, Boston played some solid ball vs. the Pistons in Game 1. Can the Celtics steal one on the road in this series?? Or will it be another 7 game series??

Props to the Spurs for handling business on the road in Game 7 vs. the Hornets. Can't blame the refs on this one. The Spurs outrebounded the Hornets; the experience seem to pay-off.

Tonight the Spurs blew at 20 pt. 3rd qtr. lead. Look like they ran out of gas with only one day's rest. The rested Lakers having a lay-off since last Friday started sluggish; but finished strong.

Not sure how much I like the NBA Drfat Lotto set-up. Like the NFL's better where the team with the worst record gets the 1st pick. Did the Bulls get LUCKY or what?? They will probably take freshman-phenom Michael Beasley from Kansas State. The Heat with the 2nd pick probably get another freshman-phenom PG-Derrick Rose of Memphis.