NBA Talk

dgreco

Yes indeed, Boston played some solid ball vs. the Pistons in Game 1. Can the Celtics steal one on the road in this series?? Or will it be another 7 game series??

Props to the Spurs for handling business on the road in Game 7 vs. the Hornets. Can't blame the refs on this one. The Spurs outrebounded the Hornets; the experience seem to pay-off.

Tonight the Spurs blew at 20 pt. 3rd qtr. lead. Look like they ran out of gas with only one day's rest. The rested Lakers having a lay-off since last Friday started sluggish; but finished strong.

Not sure how much I like the NBA Drfat Lotto set-up. Like the NFL's better where the team with the worst record gets the 1st pick. Did the Bulls get LUCKY or what?? They will probably take freshman-phenom Michael Beasley from Kansas State. The Heat with the 2nd pick probably get another freshman-phenom PG-Derrick Rose of Memphis.

Bulls got unbelievably lucky. A team that just missed the playoffs has a chance to make a big impact next year. Also, I can't believe the Lakers come back. It was a great one. I am still trying to decide if SAS blew it or LAL won it. Either way it was a great game and I am excited for the BOS/DET game tonight.

Celtics took a tough lose yesterday, but the game was great an instant classic. Ray Allen finally got out of his slump and that is going to be huge on the road and for the rest of the series if they can rely on him for hitting a three when they need one. With him back they can throw House, Posey or Allen out there to hit that needed three.

Spurs bring the series to 2-1 and had a good game. Manu had a great game, I think if the Spurs force the Lakers to work outside of the triangle/team game they will have problems. They do much better with the team(not overly aggressive) type game. They looked out of sync and just seems to have a tough game.

^Good analogy dgreco. Amazing how the Spurs lose by 30 on the road; then Win BIG at home!? You can never coun't out those savvy Spurs.

The Celtics/Pistons series seemed to be destined to go 7; even with each team getting road wins. Game 5 is going to be huge!! The loser digs themselves into 2 game must-win hole.

^Good analogy dgreco. Amazing how the Spurs lose by 30 on the road; then Win BIG at home!? You can never coun't out those savvy Spurs.

The Celtics/Pistons series seemed to be destined to go 7; even with each team getting road wins. Game 5 is going to be huge!! The loser digs themselves into 2 game must-win hole.

Def. agree about the Celtics series. I think both finals this eyar are exciting and the NBA is happy. They will be really happy if they get a BOS/LA market finals.

For the Spurs I think they are so good, because they do not worry. They lose by 30 on the road and it is just "lets go to the next game" and then they win they do not get too high or too low.

The pre-draft camp started today in Orlando. Any ideas on who is going to shine and who is going to bomb? A record 69 underclassmen declared for the draft this year.

IDK abut shine, but I hope Hibbert doesn't so he can drop to 30 :D I think the biggest fall are going to be the Lopez twins. I think Brooke is a lot better than Robin, but neither one really impresses me. I think the hype was more because two 7 foot brothers played at Stanford.

Great game last night in San Antonio both teams played a good game but the Lakers came out with the 2 point win. Having the 3-1 series lead is huge goign home. I think SAS can pull out a win, but if not that is a convincing series win 4-1.

The Lakers jumped on the Spurs early; the Spurs could never fully recover; tying the game numerous times in the 2nd half; but never able to take the lead. When Ginobli only hits for 7 you know they are in trouble. Still they had a chance to win w/ Barry's close call at the end; even when fans began to leave trailing by 7 w/ more than a minute left.

Lakers in control now going back to L.A. Don't see them losing 3 in a row. Personally do not like either team.

BIG Game 5 tonight w/ Celtics-Pistons playing in Boston. McDyess needs to play like that every game for Detriot to win. Pierce and Allen need to pick-it up(more help) for KG.

W/o the underclassman this NBA Draft would be weak! Of course Beasley and Rose are locks at 1-2 with the Bulls and Heat. I compare Brook Lopez to a poor-man's? Tim Duncan. Could O.J. Mayo be the one to turn the Knicks around?? Will PG- DJ Augustine make an impact his rookie-year?? Can't wait to see what freakish-raw (jr.)Joe Alexander does?? He's projected to go #13 to the Trail Blazers.

Some of the freshman would have greatly benefited by staying another year. Oh well, they make their $money and sit for a couple years; then by year 3 they had better produce.

The Lakers jumped on the Spurs early; the Spurs could never fully recover; tying the game numerous times in the 2nd half; but never able to take the lead. When Ginobli only hits for 7 you know they are in trouble. Still they had a chance to win w/ Barry's close call at the end; even when fans began to leave trailing by 7 w/ more than a minute left.

Lakers in control now going back to L.A. Don't see them losing 3 in a row. Personally do not like either team.

BIG Game 5 tonight w/ Celtics-Pistons playing in Boston. McDyess needs to play like that every game for Detriot to win. Pierce and Allen need to pick-it up(more help) for KG.

W/o the underclassman this NBA Draft would be weak! Of course Beasley and Rose are locks at 1-2 with the Bulls and Heat. I compare Brook Lopez to a poor-man's? Tim Duncan. Could O.J. Mayo be the one to turn the Knicks around?? Will PG- DJ Augustine make an impact his rookie-year?? Can't wait to see what freakish-raw (jr.)Joe Alexander does?? He's projected to go #13 to the Trail Blazers.

Some of the freshman would have greatly benefited by staying another year. Oh well, they make their $money and sit for a couple years; then by year 3 they had better produce.

I just don't like the Lopez brothers. I think they bring nothing to the table. I do think Mayo could be a great pick up. That guy that falls to like 8 or 9 and makes a difference, a la, Paul Pierce.

I think Barry needed to sell the call a little more. He isn't Ginobli, or Bryant, or LeBron or any other player that can jsut take the hit.

The Celtics game ahs been great so far in the first half.

wow, last nights game was great. A classic, both teams played well and the game was just great. Boston took the game 106-102, but it was a great game. I wonder if Boston has the cofidence to close the series up on the road in game 6 or we come back for a game 7?

Either way a great series.

Lakers looked good last night and clinched their series. They won 100 to 92 and may have a little while off if the BOS/DET series goes 7 games, which it has a good chance of doing.

I think making it to the finals takes a lot of Kobe's back about not being able to win without Shaq. He has good players around him now, but he is def. the only star and showing he can win.

Boston needs to go ahead and finish off the Pistons tonight!!! They don't need to take it to 7; gives the Lakers too much time to rest and get fresh legs. No doubt benefited them vs. Spurs who went 7 with the Hornets.

The Spurs-Suns series had alot of paralell's with the Lakers series; Spurs blew a 20 pt. lead in Game 1 and 17 pt. lead last night. Like the Suns blew some big leads vs. Spurs.

No doubt Kobe has help again; Gasol isn't a star; but he isn't far; still trying to figure how the Lakers basically stole him from the Grizzlies for Kwame Brown. Fisher has 3 rings already from the Kobe/Shaq days gives them a steady leader at the Point; and Odom is a solid #3 scorer. The Lakers also have a good bench.

Celtics win 98-88!

Wow! What a strong 2nd half showing by the Celtics! Outscoring the Lakers 52-37 after being down by 5 at the half! The defense was solid and contested many of Kobe's shots. Paul Pierce showed alot of grit scoring 15 pts. in the 3rd qtr. despite spending some of it in the locker-room with a knee injury. His return seemed to inspire the team even more. KG had 24 pts. 12 reb. Pierce 22 pts. 11 reb. and Ray Allen had 19.

Celtics win 98-88!

Wow! What a strong 2nd half showing by the Celtics! Outscoring the Lakers 52-37 after being down by 5 at the half! The defense was solid and contested many of Kobe's shots. Paul Pierce showed alot of grit scoring 15 pts. in the 3rd qtr. despite spending some of it in the locker-room with a knee injury. His return seemed to inspire the team even more. KG had 24 pts. 12 reb. Pierce 22 pts. 11 reb. and Ray Allen had 19.

They played great and looked like they wanted. I remember a few times in the 3rd they showed Paul on the bench he was jsut going crazy, especially after Posey hit a big 3. I think the Celtics showed they have heart and guts and grit to win. This series seems like it will be a great one. I wonder how the ratings were.

Boston blew a 24 point lead to only win by 6, but they got lazy at the end. They looked great for most of the game and held the lakers to 7 points! in the 3rd quarter.

They are up 2-0 now.

Leon Powe had the best game of his career EVER.

I turned off the game with the Celtics up by 20 and was surprised to see it narrowed to six at the end. Does anyone think Boston will sweep LA?

I think it is possible, but I dont think it will happen. I hope they win at home though. With all the success NE sports have had, none have won a championship at home.

Lakers won last night and finally look good, Bryant looked good too.

The Celtics still have to feel good, they weren't blown out. they barely lost, they held the lakers to 87 points and Pierce, Garnett and Allen had subpar games. It hink they will take that anytime on the road.