NBA Talk

dgreco

They?? Who is they??

Please help out a poor ole southern dude....Why do people enjoy hockey fights and they are free(allowed) to duke it out with blood dripping everywhere, no suspension ?? Does that help sell tickets?

Why wouldn't people enjoy hockey fights? What is there not to enjoy? Hockey has incorporated fighting into the game, the NBA has not, that is the difference. And yes, fighting does indeed help the NHL sell tickets, though apparently it doesn't help TV ratings...

Thanks MadVlad....that was a legit question BTW. :lol: We rarely get any ice way down here, just way too warm in the Winter. We had a minor-league hockey team awhile back called the Baton Rouge Kingfish for a few years. It was fun and different.

Crazy how fighting can be incorporated into Hockey.

Thanks MadVlad....that was a legit question BTW. :lol: We rarely get any ice way down here, just way too warm in the Winter. We had a minor-league hockey team awhile back called the Baton Rouge Kingfish for a few years. It was fun and different.

Crazy how fighting can be incorporated into Hockey.

Well the bench clearing fights of Hockey are long gone, but the player fights are still there. The only sport that actually "supports" bench clearing fights still is baseball.

^Oh OK, thanks :thumbsup:

I was proud of the Suns last night! They almost pulled off a stunner w/o Stoudamire and Diaw vs. the Spurs!!! The Suns lead nearly the entire game until the very end; losing 88-85. If they just had Diaw I think they still could have won.

I am concerned the "limited" Suns could have "worn-out" their players last night??? Will they be ready tommorrow night for Game 6 in San Antonio??

It's so frustrating because last year Amare Stoudamire was unable to play with a serious micro-fracture knee surgery.

FlashBack in 02' Playoffs> Kings vs. Lakers....Doug Christie and Rick Fox fight in the tunnel before entering the locker room after being ejected; both benches cleared...where's the suspensions in that one??

As yall can probably tell I am a Phoenix Suns fan. This series with the Spurs has been so frustrating. Game 1 Nash is unable to finish the final minute of the game requiring 6 stiches(unintentional) on the bridge of his nose. That game was anybody's to win; Nash always gives them a chance. And of course the suspensions of Stoudamire and Diaw in Game 5. The series could have very easily over by now 4-1.

The Suns made it to the Western Conf. Finals last year w/o Stoudamire; who was unable to play last year recovering from micro-fracture surgery.

Seems the Spurs get frustrated when they start to lose and play dirty. Bowen in Game 2 clearly undercut Stoudamire on a dunk. I'm trying to figure out why he did not get $$ fined?? Bowen's crotch-shot to Nash was questionable in Game 3(Spurs won). Horry was frustrated when they went down when he did that to Nash. The Spurs were OK until this series. I do not like them at all.

Marion, Nash, Bell played the whole game. How tired will they be with only one day off?? Do the Suns have a chance tonight at San Antonio??

Edited by richyb83

Irony here...

Both Eliminated in 1st Round> last years Championship Series>> Heat vs. Mavs

Both eliminated in 2nd Round> teams I like most Suns vs. Bulls

My prediction earlier in the season....Pistons vs. Spurs...Hoping I was wrong bec. I do not care for either team and was afraid this might happen??? I'm not giving up on the Jazz; but like you said, it's hard to pick against the Spurs.

But it's still basketball...and both teams are doing what it takes to win.

And Memphis is again denied a No. 1 draft pick in the lottery.

Talk about bad luck for this team. Could things get any worse for them?

This could of been huge for Boston, all we can hope for is a type of situation where we get a D-Wade at the #5. I think they may take Yi, if not him I am not sure who they would go with.

Big win by the Pistons last night. That technical at the end killed Cleveland....

LeBron imo hasn't lived up to the hype. Kobe Bryant, Duane Wade, Magic Johnson, Michael Jordan, and several other star players would have taken both games over when their teams were struggling offensively and carried them on their backs. There was no excuse for him to pass out to a horrible shooter in game 1, when he had an easy game tieing layup/dunk, then last night he goes in, and throws up a prayer of a shot, though Hughes should have easily made the put back as well.

Cleveland should be up 2-0 in this series and instead are down 2-0 and are on their way to being swept. And no LeBron, you don't call a foul like that at the end of the game, the refs were right in allowing the players to win or lose it and not calling a foul there. Sheed could have been called for an offensive foul on his game winning shot, but Verajao(sp?) flops so much, that he won't get a call like that either especially in an end of the game situation like that.

Oh well, San Antonio will sweep Utah, and Detroit will sweep Cleveland, should set up a good Final's series that San Antonio will probably win in 6 b/c Detroit can't score either.

LeBron imo hasn't lived up to the hype. Kobe Bryant, Duane Wade, Magic Johnson, Michael Jordan, and several other star players would have taken both games over when their teams were struggling offensively and carried them on their backs. There was no excuse for him to pass out to a horrible shooter in game 1, when he had an easy game tieing layup/dunk, then last night he goes in, and throws up a prayer of a shot, though Hughes should have easily made the put back as well.

Cleveland should be up 2-0 in this series and instead are down 2-0 and are on their way to being swept. And no LeBron, you don't call a foul like that at the end of the game, the refs were right in allowing the players to win or lose it and not calling a foul there. Sheed could have been called for an offensive foul on his game winning shot, but Verajao(sp?) flops so much, that he won't get a call like that either especially in an end of the game situation like that.

Oh well, San Antonio will sweep Utah, and Detroit will sweep Cleveland, should set up a good Final's series that San Antonio will probably win in 6 b/c Detroit can't score either.

LeBron isn't a pure scorer though. I think he can get good points if the tempo is up, but he is really a more complete player. I think that is why they have gotten so far, the pure scorers who are alone IE Kobe, McGrady, and DWade this year can not just carry a team to score. I think DWade is more like LeBron but with a great shot, but it proves that a complete player is better. I also think the Pistons run is coming to an end and we will see the Cav's and the Bulls be the team to beat for a bunch of years to come.

I don't(didn't) think the Spurs are good enough to sweep the Jazz.

You are right the Bulls and Cavs are the teams of the future in the Eastern Conference.

The playoffs just don't really even matter after the NBA punished the Suns. Talk about a bad string of luck in the past three years; in 05' Joe Johnson breaks his face; in 06' Stoudamire was unable to play with career threatning knee injury; 07' Nash bust his nose wide open unable to finish final minutes of Game 1 vs.Spurs..then of course the dreaded "Suspensions" of Stoudemire, Diaw on an technicality. <_< and still only lost Game 5 88-85.

Last week the Lotto pick #3 went to Hawks(trade w/Johnson); if the lotto pick had been #4; the Suns would have got the pick.

If all stays healthy?? Nash has a few good years left, the Suns will be contenders as well!!!

Edited by richyb83

I don't(didn't) think the Spurs are good enough to sweep the Jazz.

You are right the Bulls and Cavs are the teams of the future in the Eastern Conference.

The playoffs just don't really even matter after the NBA punished the Suns. Talk about a bad string of luck in the past three years; in 05' Joe Johnson breaks his face; in 06' Stoudamire was unable to play with career threatning knee injury; 07' Nash bust his nose wide open unable to finish final minutes of Game 1 vs.Spurs..then of course the dreaded "Suspensions" of Stoudemire, Diaw on an technicality. <_< and still only lost Game 5 88-85.

Last week the Lotto pick #3 went to Hawks(trade w/Johnson); if the lotto pick had been #4; the Suns would have got the pick.

If all stays healthy?? Nash has a few good years left, the Suns will be contenders as well!!!

I agree some other teams are going to emerge in the coming years. I also like how LeBron finally stepped up last night too.

Both teams have done what they have to so far, win at home, but I still think the Spurs and Pistons will end up in another boring finals.