NBA Talk

dgreco

Cleveland finishes off Detroit 98-82. Rookie Daniel "Boobie" Gibson steps up w/ 31, including 5-5 on 3s and at one point, had scored 20 of 24 Cavs points. He was on fire tonight. Huge win for the City of Cleveland.

I am not expecting to win the Finals series w/ San Antonio, but I think we can at least make a series and lose 4-2. Honestly, I'm just ecstatic we've made it this far.

Great win for the Cavs. Their fans were into this game, and this is really big for Cleveland sports...first Conference Championship since 1997 Indians. Will this end differently? I don't know, but Cleveland has a SERIOUS title drought for any sport.

Yes, my old home city is definitely starved for a championship. I've lived through, "The Drive (was actually in the Dawg Pound that game as a 7 year old and I left crying, from that), The Fumble, 1995 Tribe, so close, only to blow it against an inferior Atlanta Braves team, 1997 Tribe, again blow it against an inferior Marlins b/c Jose Mesa blows a 2-1 lead in the 9th of game 7. We also had Jordan over Ehlo twice, including once in the Eastern Conf Finals for the Cavs.

This playoff season has far surpassed my expectations after struggling just win 50 games this season, but they are here. I don't expect much against such an experianced team like San Antonio, but hopefully, they can pull off what would be one of the biggest upsets in NBA history imo.

Go Cavs

I am happy for the city of Cleveland. Thanks for that rundown ohioaninSC. Very frustrating for sure, but I know this feels good for the fans.

I felt bad for Cleveland way back when the NFL Franchise packed-up and headed for Baltimore. I'm glad they re-stablished the Browns.

The Cavs proved me wrong; they passed the Bulls for the #2 spot in the East at the very end of the season. Getting the past the Wizards in 1st round-minus Gilbert Arenas and beating the Nets did not get much attention. But this is BIG!!! Down 2-0 in close games in Detriot they could have won; then winning 4 straight! Sure is impressive!!! The Cavs proved me wrong, but that's O.K. I'm not complaining.

I would like to see the Cavs beat the Spurs who are a thorn in my side. Lebron will have to continue to have good support, he won't be able to win by himself.

Edited by richyb83

Spurs up 3-0, the game was a good game and the Cav's for the first time looked like they actually had a chance.

Cavs missed their shot last night...basically outplayed San Antonio for much of the game, but could not hit a key basket when it mattered. Whether this series goes more than four games is really insignificant at this point, they won't come back from 0-3 to win it. All they are playing for now is respect and experience which should help them down the road.

Cavs missed their shot last night...basically outplayed San Antonio for much of the game, but could not hit a key basket when it mattered. Whether this series goes more than four games is really insignificant at this point, they won't come back from 0-3 to win it. All they are playing for now is respect and experience which should help them down the road.

I wish they could win 2 so that the spurs could celebrate at home, but I don't think that will happen.

I missed what they said on ESPN SportsCenter. What "call" or "no call" was made toward the end of the game that may have helped decide the outcome?? It was hit & miss last night, I only saw some of the game. Does anybody know what ESPN meant??

LeBron took the last shot...it looked like he rushed his 3-pt attempt after being fouled in order to get to the line, but no call was made, and the shot wasn't really close, but there was definitely contact beforehand, but not sure you would call it if you were a ref.

LeBron took the last shot...it looked like he rushed his 3-pt attempt after being fouled in order to get to the line, but no call was made, and the shot wasn't really close, but there was definitely contact beforehand, but not sure you would call it if you were a ref.

he never put the ball back on the court, that is why they were saying it was a controversy. I will say LeBron took the high road and said he just missed the shot, but I was upset Mike Brown didn't stick up for his players...

Simply put, Cleveland has been overmatched this series. I hope they can somhow win game 4, and at least force 5th game, but I doubt that happens. LeBron has been nonexistent in this series and no one else has stepped up. Last night, they missed so many open shots it wasn't funny. I hope this eats at them this offseason, and they work harder than they ever have before. The nucleus of the team is very young w/ James 22, Gibson 21, Pavlovic 23, Verajao 23, and Gooden 25/26. I wish they would get rid of Larry Hughes (worthless), Zydrunas Ilgauskus (too soft), Damon Jones (horrible player), and Donyell Marshall (has he ever made a shot in the NBA), and Ira Newble(wastes bench space). Improve the team around LeBron and they will be there. They were still about 2 years ahead of schedule in my book in making the Finals, but obviously, have a long way to go to catch the Spurs or the other powers out west.

Simply put, Cleveland has been overmatched this series. I hope they can somhow win game 4, and at least force 5th game, but I doubt that happens. LeBron has been nonexistent in this series and no one else has stepped up. Last night, they missed so many open shots it wasn't funny. I hope this eats at them this offseason, and they work harder than they ever have before. The nucleus of the team is very young w/ James 22, Gibson 21, Pavlovic 23, Verajao 23, and Gooden 25/26. I wish they would get rid of Larry Hughes (worthless), Zydrunas Ilgauskus (too soft), Damon Jones (horrible player), and Donyell Marshall (has he ever made a shot in the NBA), and Ira Newble(wastes bench space). Improve the team around LeBron and they will be there. They were still about 2 years ahead of schedule in my book in making the Finals, but obviously, have a long way to go to catch the Spurs or the other powers out west.

I agree about the Cav's being ahead of schedule. Don't forget that no "great" talent is coming into the east and we may see Arenas move out of the east... Either way unless we have a surprise player the East should look the same, giving the Cav's/Bulls the best chance since the Pistons are starting to get old. I think the Cav's and Bulls will battle it out for a few years now.

The Spurs are just dominating right now, and it's been pretty impressive. With that said, however, this has been one of the most boring Finals I can ever remember. The Spurs play a style of basketball that wins games, but is rarely very entertaining to watch. IMO, the most entertaining parts of this series have been the shots of Eva Longoria in the stands. :lol:

Now that he's finally healthy..... I wish the Cavs had been more patient with former 1st Round Pick; injury riddled Luke Jackson who is still only 25 years old. The Raptors picked him up late this season; he lit a spark off the bench. He scored 30 pts. in the last regular season game vs. the Sixers.