New Downtown Hampton Inn

Southron

A new 7-story Hampton Inn & Suites should begin construction in May at the corner of Royal and Conti streets in downtown Mobile. The $15 million hotel, with balconies for viewing Mardi Gras parades, could open in summer 2008.

According to the developer, room rates will average $125 to $150 per night. Amenities will include an exercise room, business center, convenience store, meeting rooms, outdoor pool, courtyard and outdoor fireplace.

The developers have a contract to buy an adjacent Republic parking lot, which would be turned into a parking deck for hotel guests. Some retail space is planned along Royal and Conti.

This is a great infill project for downtown Mobile. The hotel is supposed to be built out to the sidewalk like the Hampton Inn in downtown Memphis. I hope the final design fits into downtown Mobile, and that the parking deck is wrapped with retail/office and residential, instead of having an ugly deck front Government Street.

Mobile Press-Register: Hotel seen as spur for convention bookings

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A new 7-story Hampton Inn & Suites should begin construction in May at the corner of Royal and Conti streets in downtown Mobile. The $15 million hotel, with balconies for viewing Mardi Gras parades, could open in summer 2008.

According to the developer, room rates will average $125 to $150 per night. Amenities will include an exercise room, business center, convenience store, meeting rooms, outdoor pool, courtyard and outdoor fireplace.

The developers have a contract to buy an adjacent Republic parking lot, which would be turned into a parking deck for hotel guests. Some retail space is planned along Royal and Conti.

This is a great infill project for downtown Mobile. The hotel is supposed to be built out to the sidewalk like the Hampton Inn in downtown Memphis. I hope the final design fits into downtown Mobile, and that the parking deck is wrapped with retail/office and residential, instead of having an ugly deck front Government Street.

Mobile Press-Register: Hotel seen as spur for convention bookings

I'm hoping that the hotel fits in just as the one in new orleans does , But I assume that it would if they add like a mardi gra themed like cast iron balconies to it and not the old type thats down town now because that can not be duplicated

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Can somebody help me out? I'm logged in but when I click the link it tells me I do not have permission to use this feature. I tried to pm Expat and it said I didn't have permission to do that either. Anyone have any ideas?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

The 150-room Hampton Inn is scheduled to open on December 5th. The hotel will include a convenience store, two conference rooms, an exercise room, an atrium for the breakfast area, an outdoor fireplace and a pool.

A Quiznos restaurant in the hotel will feature outdoor seating on Royal Street.

Hampton Inn, Quiznos to open Dec. 5

• 1 month later...

Archived