World Class Research Park?

gibson

Where is it? It is not Innovation Park. Yes there are very important things going on there, but FSU is limited in what they can do at Innovation because of the governance of the park. Tallahassee and Leon County, and FSU for that matter, need to get serious about developing something comparable to the Research Triangle in N.C.

FSU, being the biggest stakeholder at Innovation, should be given controlling interest. To move forward with what little we have, it needs to be set up to let FSU take the lead.

Anyone have any insight as to why the once proposed 1500 acre FSU research park never happened?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Where is it? It is not Innovation Park. Yes there are very important things going on there, but FSU is limited in what they can do at Innovation because of the governance of the park. Tallahassee and Leon County, and FSU for that matter, need to get serious about developing something comparable to the Research Triangle in N.C.

FSU, being the biggest stakeholder at Innovation, should be given controlling interest. To move forward with what little we have, it needs to be set up to let FSU take the lead.

Anyone have any insight as to why the once proposed 1500 acre FSU research park never happened?

I'm very supportive of the concept.

I'm not sure our model will be as successful as the Research Triangles in North Carolina because there aren't any other major universities in Tallahassee's region.

But if it happens, I want it to be sparked by the Universities themselves, not local government or the chamber of commerce. I don't know what land is available for this type of thing, and that's another obsticle in my mind.

Archived