Possible move to Boston

angiebatts

Hi, I'm new to the board so hello to everyone! I live in NYC and received a job offer in Natick, Mass. I dont know anything about the area and would like to ask a few questions. I am a single mom with a 6 year old daughter who will be starting the 2nd grade in September. I'm looking for an area with reasonable rent and decent schools/neighborhoods. I would have to have my daughter in before school/after school care, does anyone know how much that usually costs per week? I will be driving so living next to the commuter rail will not be what I need. I pay 1100 now (doesnt include utilities) so I would like to keep it around that area if possible. Thanks for all your help in advance.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Natick is pretty suburban....office parks, strips malls (and a real mall), etc. Framingham is a popular town that borders Natick that a lot of young families live in. It's relatively upscale, but not uber-expensive by Boston (or NYC) standards. I'm not sure about rents, but $1100 for a pretty decent 2-bedroom doesn't seem too out of line for the area....closer in to Boston, and things go up a lot.

• 6 months later...

Archived