Real World Detroit Confirmed

detwaa84

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is the reason NYC is so prevalent in the media. Not because of the "Jewish media". Metro Detroit has large amounts of affluent Jewish people with some pull. The reason Detroit isnt as popular in the media is because of the reputation and perception that the city has, not because Jewish folk hate the city.

I guess I was the only one. Whatever. And, the explanation of the post is akin to the tired-@ss "Well, I have black friends" argument that doesn't ever fly, either. The quality of topics and posts has been on a downward spire, here, for awhile now. This is just the foul cherry on top. I'm gone. This particular post was crap from the beginning with the deceptive title.

This is the reason NYC is so prevalent in the media. Not because of the "Jewish media". Metro Detroit has large amounts of affluent Jewish people with some pull. The reason Detroit isnt as popular in the media is because of the reputation and perception that the city has, not because Jewish folk hate the city.

Ultimately it doesn't really matter whether or not they film in the Detroit area, though I do think it is a shame that the media rarely looks to Detroit. It reminds me of that version of Monopoly that came out last year where they featured different landmarks from 12 or so different cities and Detroit wasn't even a choice. They had cities such as Dallas and Denver but no Detroit.

how about because it is simply the largest city in the nation as well. detroit is fighting decades of bad press and old habits are hard to break. if someone wants to get some perspective on how bad it has been try watching "kentucky fried movie" which was made sometime in the 70's. Detroit takes a beating in that movie worse than any I've seen recently.

LMichigan, I agreed with you.

But lately people on this forum have found that I come off being harsh sometimes, so I've toned it down since, so I couldn't speak out.

Not having internet for a few days has helped filter a few of the rotten apple threads out though!

wolverine, i appreciate your bluntness (apparently that is a word, spell check is not yelling at me). Call a spade a spade, no need to tone it down! :thumbsup:

i would probably say the detroit bashing has almost become cliche at this point, heck, people defending detroit is even cliche now! How much more damage can you really do!? Judging from stuff i see on a national level, most has actually been pretty positive (aside from our lousy economy). I think people almost just gloss over crime stats as standard issue...

http://www.bunim-murray.com/

SPECIAL INFO:

For Real World's upcoming 20th season, we are searching for cast members with career and life goals that they want to pursue in a major metropolitan city.

thats what i found on one of the shows sponsers sites. So i think they're looking to film in a 'city' not a place like key west for example, and there are only a few downtown cities they havent filmed yet. I don't think we will get a sure answer from MTV for a few weeks, after all the casting tapes are sent in because the deadline was yesturday.

OMG, are you telling me that the Real World will be filmed in a major city!?!?!?!? leik omg, DETROIT!!!!!!!~~~~~

You're right, that does make it sound less Key West-ish, but the world is filled with major urban places.

TheDetroitCity99: This is a dead rumor from over a year ago. It's not an active rumor, there is no news.

Like I said before though, I'm not saying that it's impossible that they'll come, and I think it would be really cool if they did, but this thread is ridiculous.

This thread needs to die, and I'm not afraid of posting pictures of fat women if that's what it takes.

I would like to think that Detroit doesn't get its fair share of attention but Dallas is a larger city and a larger metro area, and Denver may not be as large but is the center of the west and has a lot more to offer as far as the outdoors goes. Detroit may seem to get overshadowed by Chicago being in the Midwest. I think it is very simalar to Phili (larger city and metro) being overshadowed by NYC, so I don't think that is always true

I know, I know, I shouldn't be talking. But folks, if we, (yes, including me) want this "stupid" thread to die, we have to stop responding to......:"how we agree that it should die." Don't post after this, and just like that, It'll be gone. You'll see. ;)

Archived