Disney's $1.1 Billion Theme Park Rumor

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really? Actually, this is real one theme park, but doesn't say name or Disney. It was LONGEST rumor around here since '90.

Alrighty, there the details about real $1.1 Billion Theme Park:

Newtown County Comissioners are investigating whether Disney could be linked to a theme park proposal made earlier this month, because there were a request for road improvements. Interesting. There a Springfield Company called ARM Risk, asked about changes on county roads leading to the location the company is considering for a theme park. They gave a list of specifications to commissioners included first-phase construction costs of $1.1 billions, land purchases of 1,000 acres with the park taking 100 acres, six hotels, 95 shops, 27 rides, 12 stages, and 18 restaurants.

But there got more interesting, Commissioners digged more deep about owners.... The owners are Michael Hill of Wilmington, Del.; Robert Brown, who lists his address as 500 South Buena Vista St., Burbank, CA and Jason Johnson, who lists his address as Corporate Office, Lake Buena Vista, FL. If anyone don't know what is Buena Vista, it's originally came from Walt Disney's. Know as Buena Vista Motion Pictures, made such like Pirates of the Caribbeans. Anyway, Commissioners found out that the Burbank address is corporate headquarter of the Walt Disney Co. Lake Buena Vista, FL. IS HEADQUARTER OF WALT DISNEY WORLD RESORT. Disney HQ officials said the company would not comment on the matter. Interesting.... they don't want to spoil their surprises. hmmm...

Theme Park is at southwest quadrant of the junction of U.S. 71 and I-44.

yeah its true. its going to be around the Jane area. I heard about it 2 years ago when disney bought some land from a good friends parents. lol they were suppose to keep it quiet. disney did the same thing building the other parks

Wow. A Disney park in the Midwest. It sounds more like rumor than fact, but who knows. If it did happen it could change the entire makeup of SW Missouri. Orlando became an absolute boomtown after Disney moved in there. I know they are not the only reason for Orlando's growth but there is no question about the impact that it had. The amount of population growth that this would cause would be tremendous. They would need several thousand employees. More people would obviously move to area. This would cause a need for more service sector jobs which would then cause more people to move here. We could end up having a semi-continous metro area of NWA, Joplin, and Springfield.

My only fear would be that it would take away from Branson. Although it could just make the area a national tourist destination rather than regional.

Wow. A Disney park in the Midwest. It sounds more like rumor than fact, but who knows. If it did happen it could change the entire makeup of SW Missouri. Orlando became an absolute boomtown after Disney moved in there. I know they are not the only reason for Orlando's growth but there is no question about the impact that it had. The amount of population growth that this would cause would be tremendous. They would need several thousand employees. More people would obviously move to area. This would cause a need for more service sector jobs which would then cause more people to move here. We could end up having a semi-continous metro area of NWA, Joplin, and Springfield.

My only fear would be that it would take away from Branson. Although it could just make the area a national tourist destination rather than regional.

Oh yeah it's very simple to say not a fact... It have been rumor around here for more less than twenty years ago. Walt Disney were looking for a place in Northeast Ark for Magic Kindgom, but somehow lands price got really expenses. In FLA, there were a cheap land such like swamp lands... simply turning in Magic Kindgom. It's funny to learn about how thing unpopular turning in popluar.

My mother told me about a rumor started in around 1990, everyone was talking about it. They just knew or thou that would be in Branson, but oblviously it's was just a stupid gossip. Althought, it was funny to see that happens.

But this year, pretty serious rumor. I mean commissioners found out owners who is really, from Disney's. I mean look at this! Oh, well.

Yeah, I understand about Branson and Disney things would be like a feud. BUT, I think it won't be like this. It will gains more tourism, double vacations, neverending exlpores, such like that. When I was kids, I always went to Branson, but it only ended up like 2 days for vacation. Come on! Make it more longer! Of course, Branson is growing faster and got lot of developments coming up. Disney will brings more longer, and double everything up in Southwest Missouri. It just like a hour away from Branson. I went to Walt Disney World long time ago, I remember that it Airport to WDW, took more than a hour... but it was fun.

When you drive by on the interstate from Marshfield, there is a new billboard which says "St. Louis drivers are free" It has a new logo and says animal paradise instead of exotic animal paradise. Also the sign in front of the park is new too. I thought they were closing it too.

If so then why brand new signs???

When you drive by on the interstate from Marshfield, there is a new billboard which says "St. Louis drivers are free" It has a new logo and says animal paradise instead of exotic animal paradise. Also the sign in front of the park is new too. I thought they were closing it too.

If so then why brand new signs???

The News-Leader had a few articles about it not too long ago. Basically, someone bought the Animal Park, retained some/most of the animals, and reopened it. Also, I got the jist that they were going to "make it more family friendly" by adding carnival rides?/mini-golf?/things like that?/I'm not really sure.

Finally the rumor has ended... It's not Disney's or at least for now.

After rumors flew last week that Disney was planning to build a $1.1 billion theme park in the area, Presiding Commissioner Jerry Carter got the word Monday that, as he put it, it's "shenanigans."

"I just talked to the vice president of public affairs for Disney, and she said there's nothing to it," Carter said.

Carter said Disney officials didn't recognize the names of any of the three owners of ARM Risk, the company supposedly working to assemble the 1,000 acres of land.

"(Disney) can say absolutely that they're not involved in Newton County or in southwest Missouri," Carter said.

Theme Park Insider thinks differently:

http://www.themeparkinsider.com/index.cfm

A Springfield company called ARM Risk is behind the project. An early proposal includes the purchase of about a thousand acres of land. A hundred acres would be set aside for the park, and construction would include six hotels, 95 shops, 27 rides, 12 stages and 18 restaurants.

Archived