Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheDetroitCity99

Detroit Hyatt

36 posts in this topic

I heard rumors that Hyatt is looking to build a thirty story hotel to promote tourism, and that their working on the project now. did anyone else hear of this?

Where did you hear this rumor? Im pretty sure its made up. Im pretty up to date on all development and rumor and this is a first. Somehow i doubt a company like Hyatt is gonna build a 30 story hotel just to promote tourism in the area.

Maybe you heard Troy, not Detroit. Troy is suppose to get a highrise Hyatt Hotel in their own so-called downtown Big Beaver.

Yeah, I think this is the Troy project.

Originally all residential now going hotel. Is it still at 30 floors or are they thinking about going taller or shorter?

You newbies are killing me. :)

As far as I've heard, it's still 23 stories, and it's a hotel/residential mix (174-room hotel/112 condos), plus office space, high-end retail, restaurants, and a 4-story parking garage, on site.

Sounds nice, we could use somthnig like that DownTown. :rolleyes:

Anyone think we could get something like that downtown? :dontknow:

Hey, now. I didn't mean to open this box. We were all annoying newbies at a time. Everyone has to go through an initiation phase. Let's just get back on topic.

Detroit should fill in all its vacant scrapers before building any new ones, anyway.

Rbdet, i the same way. I used to leave tons of posts, now i can hardly find the ambition/time to leave 2 a day.

We seem to be getting a lot of noobs lately, not that new members is a bad thing.

Well, like Zissou said, there's the Book Cadillac, which is something around 35 floors. There's also the Ren Cen, which is twice that, and a few hotels downtown that are above 10 stories. Then there's a handful of smaller ones around 5.

The Ren Cen is actually the tallest hotel in the western hemisphere, and if I recall right, the tallest in the world when it was built.

heheh, but yeah, hotels don't build to promote tourism, they build to make money. :lol:

You said it's the tallest in the western hemisphere. What's the tallest in the world?

You said it's the tallest in the western hemisphere. What's the tallest in the world?

^ you didnt think burj dubai was taller than the Ren Cen?

Its expected to be +800 meters tall.

^ you didnt think burj dubai was taller than the Ren Cen?

Its expected to be +800 meters tall.

Yes, the Burj Dubai is the world's only 7 star hotel, with it's luxurious raw concrete surfaces, and large airy interior. However, hard hats are required. :)

I thought the Burj-Al-Arab was the only 7 star hotel, or many stars...whatever lol.

The star ratings are getting ridiculous. A lot of Dubai is simply good marketing. They'll create new stars, if necessary to get attention. lol

I can't understand why it's seven. Five is the highest a hotel can be. Why not just give it six stars if you're trying to prove the unparallaled quality of this hotel. AAA doesn't rate more than five, do they?