Detroit Hyatt

TheDetroitCity99

No, I didn't. Really. Promise.

I always saw videos and pics of it but it never looked "that" tall to me. Maybe because of it's unique design, and that it's completely deserted. Isn't it the only 7 star hotel in the world?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm so confused, what hotel are you people talking about. I was under the impression the Burj Al Arab....a Jumeirah hotel was the only seven star, and it's not that tall.

The Burj Dubai is going to be a mixed use structure that will have hotel that won't go past the 40th floor. The rest is office and residential. It won't be the tallest ALL HOTEL structure like the center tower of the RenCen. Additinally, who said it would ever be seven star? I think everyone is getting their towers mixed up.

The fact that the Burj Al Arab is deserving of a seven star rating is because the architecture, ammenities, and service of the hotel are unprecedented. At this point, other hotels simply cannot match it. Not even the other Jumeirah hotels. I mean anyone seen the Jumeirah-Essex House in Manhattan? Yawn.. it may be in central park, and the rooms are well decorated, but it's just another stylish Art Deco building among many in Manhattan.

Yes, some people are mixing up the names.

The Burj Dubai shouldn't even be in this discussion. It's a mixed use, World's tallest that's not even completed, yet. It's not an all-hotel tower:

Burj_Dubai.jpg

The Burj al Arab was, structurally, the tallest hotel in the world from 1999 until 2007. It should be noted, though, that the RenCen (and a few other hotels) had a higher roof and higher hotel floors that this structure, but the rooftop element and spire gave it the title it wanted.

450px-DubAymx.JPG

The Rose Tower, pictured above, which is nearly finished, is the current tallest all-hotel structure in the world.

Archived