Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

grock

Downtown Finally Gets Ice Cream Shop!

14 posts in this topic

It's about time! A gelataria (Italian ice cream shop) has opened next to the Residence Inn near the G-Fox building.

It's open at night and on Saturdays.

Technically, there is a yougurt shop in Cityplace, but it is on the second floor inside and open less often than a bank!

It's about time! A gelataria (Italian ice cream shop) has opened next to the Residence Inn near the G-Fox building.

Technically, there is a yougurt shop in Cityplace, but it is on the second floor inside and open less often than a bank!

Great news! Ive always thought downtown needed an ice cream shop. It does quite QUITE warm in southern New England in the summers.

I was taking a boating class at CCC and saw that. they have a liquor license too, right?

Great news! Ive always thought downtown needed an ice cream shop. It does quite QUITE warm in southern New England in the summers.

We are so overdue for a Ben and Jerry's.

That is a franchise. I looked into them before. Pretty pricey though. Any entreprenuers out there that have the funds? B&J would do great Downtown in my humble opinion.

I think several years ago there was a Ben and Jerry's in State House Square, it eventually went out of business

If anywhere, it's gotta be Front Street. Although a Maggie Moos or Cold Stone Creamery would do the trick too...

This is one I think we really should think locally. A branch of the UCONN Dairy barn would be the best for Front Street.