My Frank Lloyd Wright experience

Hisma

This is quite off-topic, especially since I don't even live in orlando, but I figure most of you enjoy architecture and would appreciate seeing inside one of his houses.

Had the pleasure of attending a pot luck lunch today at a Frank Lloyd Wright designed house, only one in Hampton Roads, Virginia.

Check this out

outside

DSCN1851.jpg

living room

DSCN1842.jpg

fireplace

DSCN1843.jpg

the back

DSCN1846.jpg

the view

DSCN1862.jpg

kitchen

DSCN1861.jpg

entry way

DSCN1860.jpg

DSCN1859.jpg

porch

DSCN1857.jpg

bedrooms

DSCN1855.jpg

DSCN1854.jpg

looking forward

DSCN1849.jpg

workout room + sauna

DSCN1845.jpg

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the pictures Hisma. His exhibits are extraordinary. I had the opportunity to visit Fallingwater in PA. It was quite the drive from Pittsburgh, but was visually stunning. The poor tour guide though, this kids just trying to do his job and here I was the jerk on the tour trying to justify catilevering a house from a rock.

The man and his work is exquisite. Having read and studied about so much abouy it in school, seing it in person is incredible.

I'm going to try and dig up some pictures from my trip to Fallingwater. I am now inspired.

Haha, it was pretty much luck on my part. I started taking tai chi classes recently, and the owner happens to be a student at my tai chi school. She invited all students of our tai chi school for a pot luck lunch at her house, something she said she only does once every few years.

So that's how I got in. The owner was very nice (I can't remember her name it was my 1st time meeting her). She allowed us to explore every room of the house, and take as many pics as we wanted. It was a great experience for sure!

Archived