The Iron Bowl

Southron

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Greatest College Football Rivalry, Certainly. In terms of college sports as a whole.... a little ol basketball game up this way isnt too shabby as far as rivalries go. I must admit, that it doesnt contain as much hate or venom that I suspect occurs down in Bama. (Although I hate with a passion all things Carolina) :angry:

Always loved watching the game on tv.. but I do miss having the game at Legion Field every year. Any chance in the future that perhaps every fifth year they have the game back in Birmingham? Or is Legion Field that run down?

Greatest College Football Rivalry, Certainly. In terms of college sports as a whole.... a little ol basketball game up this way isnt too shabby as far as rivalries go. I must admit, that it doesnt contain as much hate or venom that I suspect occurs down in Bama. (Although I hate with a passion all things Carolina) :angry:

Always loved watching the game on tv.. but I do miss having the game at Legion Field every year. Any chance in the future that perhaps every fifth year they have the game back in Birmingham? Or is Legion Field that run down?

Yeah, the game isn't moving back off campus.

Even Bama's spring practice completely filled Bryant-Denny, shattering a national record.

I visited Birmingham that day, just to avoid the local traffic mess.

As for the question, I'm a third-generation Bama alumnus with roots in the Tuscaloosa area back to the 1820s.

Because of a recent situation with UA administration, I can no longer be a "fan" of the university, though.

I've absolutely no incentive to pull for Auburn, either, so I simply do not have a team anymore, nor an alma mater.

I think Dallas has learned from Birmingham in terms of renovating and expanded the Cotton Bowl... I read somewhere that they are expanding it to around 92,000 seats in addition to upgrading the facility. Hopefully the Texas-OU game will remain there after the 2015 season.

I dont have a dog in the fight, being a Duke fan, but I just love the game because i am a sports fan. I will say.. if either team enters the game undefeated.. I root for that team to win.

Archived