Krystal

gs3

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Krystal started franchising there stores in 1998 the year after they were purchased by Port Royal

Holdings Inc.

gsupstste, you were correct Mr.Spinx is the area franchiser for Krystal.

I think the reason he didn't build more stores is because they have not been profitable and thats

the reason for the switch to Dukin Donuts.We may also see some of his stores with Burger Kings

switch as well. Most of the new Spinx stores will have Stewart Caf

Thanks for the update on Krystal. I never would have thought that they would have sold out or that they ever would have franchised. I miss them. Whenever I go South, I always stop at one at least once. I'm going to be in Upstate South Carolina during Memorial Day. I think that I'll take a look around. Are the Stewart Cafes very good? Where would you suggest for someone coming through to eat?

As big of a Krispy Kreme fan Dunkin Donuts will win points with me if the put a shop downtown in the old KK location (across the street from Mellow Mushroom) or close by.

It's kind of odd but I went to Dunkin Donuts site to check out their offering and it's was easy to find everything (bagels, smoothies, coffee, etc.) except the DONUTS! :dontknow: At least the KK site has a lot of nice photos of the "hot -donuts-now-original-glazed" donuts in plain sight. Oh well.

I really wouldn't mind having a Krispy Kreme somewhere on Main Street downtown, myself. I've finally managed to summon the will power to buy only one single individual doughnut when I go there. I used to walk out with several boxes of them (of course, that was when I was buying them to take into work on Fridays). I'm still not a huge fan of Dunkin Doughnuts.

As big of a Krispy Kreme fan Dunkin Donuts will win points with me if the put a shop downtown in the old KK location (across the street from Mellow Mushroom) or close by.

It's kind of odd but I went to Dunkin Donuts site to check out their offering and it's was easy to find everything (bagels, smoothies, coffee, etc.) except the DONUTS! :dontknow: At least the KK site has a lot of nice photos of the "hot -donuts-now-original-glazed" donuts in plain sight. Oh well.

Archived