$20M University House will open this fall

Blazer85

The $20-million University House development at 3rd Avenue and 14th Street South will open this fall.

The 496-bed, 162-unit complex is over 40% preleased. In fact, the single bedroom floorplan units far exceeded the company's expectations and have been sold out for a while.

It will be great to see life in that section of the Southside. Hopefully, it will spur further residential and retail developments. That will be a key area for growth in the coming years as it's an ideal location situated between UAB and the Railroad Reservation Park.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After doing some researchI might consider this place also in my task of relocating back to town in the fall. I like how it is so close to campus and I could actually not have drive to class or work. :)

BTW Blazer, when does this place officially open? I trying to get back in town ASAP.

I don't think they've officially determined a date just yet as work is still underway. Most of the structural and ediface of the building is complete, but they're still doing some interior work and finishing other things up. I imagine they'll release the official date later this summer depending on how construction progresses.

• 2 months later...

Well, this place seems to be now my likely choice of residency when I return to town next month. I can confirmed that construction of the development is practically done, as the only thing left to done is complete the leasing office on the ground level. However, it is still not open for public view as the City Building inspectors were there Friday, so tours may still be another week or 2 away. However, it will be complete in time for the UAB fall semester as the moving date for the tenants there is August 17.

Archived