Clinton vs. Obama  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the nomination?

• Hillary Clinton
    • Barack Obama

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow everything is coming earlier this time around, even the endorsements...... How many states are now part of the second round of the primaries? It seems to me whoever comes out on top in week two will get the nod.

Being from TN it will be interesting to watch how this unfolds. If Thompson gets the GOP ticket he'll win the state hands down. If he fails to capture the parties support TN could be interesting. Harlod Ford made a great run in 06 despite a brutal campaign. Obama traveld with him a little and his advisors at the time were watching what Ford was doing because he was winning back those democrats and independents that had left the party in 2000.

If Clinton is the Dems choice I think TN will stay in the right, but if Obama takes the ball people here in TN think he might have a chance of turning the state back to it's historical blue..... Just my thoughts

Getting back to Clinton vs. Obama.....Bill Clinton recently said that his wife is the most qualified candidate for pres he will ever have voted for.

At first it sounds like a silly political jingle until you think about it carefully. Perhaps Bill is right. Hillary was right there, for eight years, involved in policy, decisions, you name it.....

In the 20th Century there were essentially three first ladies who wielded political power and influence--Eleanor Roosevelt, Roselyn Carter and Hillary Clinton. If they had been elected to the presidency, I have to think Mrs. Roosevelt and Mrs. Carter would have had better experience for the job than any prior candidates. Same with Hillary. Love her or hate her, but she knows all about the presidency---how it works and how it doesn't work.

• 3 weeks later...
t also appears to me that Obama may be setting himself up as a running mate. He isn't taking many chances, his rhetoric looks ok, but nothing earth shaking. I'm guessing his current plan is to hang in there, keep a solid second, and should he not get the Democratic nod, try to become Hillary's running mate. He's also young enough to hang around that long and still be a viable candidate. It's a shame, he could be trying to go for the jugular like Edwards is, but he doesn't want to be blackballed for the second position either. It's not the choice I'd make, if I were him, I'd try to find little chinks in the armor, like Edwards is, and exploit them.

It's my guess that if Hillary is nominated, Obama will not be her running mate. I say that in part because the Clintonites don't like Obama and they are already carrying the risk of Hillary being a female candidate. Second I don't think Obama would want to tie himself to this campaign as he might decide it's better to wait and try again. VPs and VP candidates have a history of having their political careers cut short for one reason or another and as you say he is young and will have lots of opportunities to try again for the top spot.

Actually, it appears as though Obama has really been nipping at Hillary's heels in the latest polls and rankings. In a recent poll conducted in my state, a key Democratic primary state, of the 650 African Americans polled, 35% are leaning towards Obama and 31% towards Clinton. In Yahoo's Democratic Candidate Mashup

It's my guess that if Hillary is nominated, Obama will not be her running mate. I say that in part because the Clintonites don't like Obama and they are already carrying the risk of Hillary being a female candidate. Second I don't think Obama would want to tie himself to this campaign as he might decide it's better to wait and try again. VPs and VP candidates have a history of having their political careers cut short for one reason or another and as you say he is young and will have lots of opportunities to try again for the top spot.

The African American support of Obama in S.C. must be a new development, because I thought Hillary was leading dramatically among Palmetto State blacks.

Last night was the revelation that Hillary leads Barack by 33% points nationally. Must have been a devastating day for his campaign. Of course lots of things can change in the next year, but Barack clearly has an uphill struggle.

I doubt Barrack is sweating polls. He realizes that he had an uphill battle from jump, so the fact that he is making inroads with black folks is saying a lot. Anyways, I still no buying polls myself either because the fact that he is still pulling in more money than Clinton's campaign says there is more support for him than her. As convoluted as it sounds, money talks.

Gosh I just hate to bring up race here, but I do find it interesting that the audiences at Barack's appearances and speeches are basically a sea of white. 90-95% white I would say?

And blacks throughout the South are still huge Hillary supporters.

Could it be that race FINALLY doesn't matter anymore?

Oh I think race still matters to some and it others not in ways quite expected but I agree there has been significant progress in the matter. Things have come a long way in just my lifetime when I remember attending racially segregated schools for the first few years that I went to public school in SC. Blacks were not allowed to attend Myrtle Beach Grade School, and instead went to a different school in the city named Carver Elementary.

Despite the gains, I am not convinced that America is ready for a Black or a woman president. However their contenders on the GOP side stink so bad, and I mean this is the worst set of pandering angry idiots that I have ever seen, that one of them, Clinton or Obama, might just have a shot at it. Speaking of the GOP, because they can't run on any results accomplished by this party in the last 8 years, expect that if either Clinton or Obama is elected, that race and gender will be made an issue in the slurfest that is sure to come from the GOP engine. It's gonna make the swift boat stuff look like a nursery rhyme in comparison.

Oh I think race still matters to some and it others not in ways quite expected but I agree there has been significant progress in the matter. Things have come a long way in just my lifetime when I remember attending racially segregated schools for the first few years that I went to public school in SC. Blacks were not allowed to attend Myrtle Beach Grade School, and instead went to a different school in the city named Carver Elementary.

Despite the gains, I am not convinced that America is ready for a Black or a woman president. However their contenders on the GOP side stink so bad, and I mean this is the worst set of pandering angry idiots that I have ever seen, that one of them, Clinton or Obama, might just have a shot at it. Speaking of the GOP, because they can't run on any results accomplished by this party in the last 8 years, expect that if either Clinton or Obama is elected, that race and gender will be made an issue in the slurfest that is sure to come from the GOP engine. It's gonna make the swift boat stuff look like a nursery rhyme in comparison.

Speaking of the GOP, because they can't run on any results accomplished by this party in the last 8 years, expect that if either Clinton or Obama is elected, that race and gender will be made an issue in the slurfest that is sure to come from the GOP engine. It's gonna make the swift boat stuff look like a nursery rhyme in comparison.

Gosh I just hate to bring up race here, but I do find it interesting that the audiences at Barack's appearances and speeches are basically a sea of white. 90-95% white I would say?

And blacks throughout the South are still huge Hillary supporters.

Could it be that race FINALLY doesn't matter anymore?

Archived