CLINTON vs. OBAMA

Panamaniac

Clinton vs. Obama  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the nomination?

• Hillary Clinton
    • Barack Obama

i would say obama will win, even though hillary will get some of the black vote because of her husband bill of course, & alot of white woman & woman in general to vote for her. I think she is still looked at as a sidekick to bill fair or unfair. Everytime a obama speech is on tv for some reason its always the most pack with ppl, always the most diverse with different races, & always seem to have the most excitment. All the other candidates when they give speeches its like me & my grandparents are playing scrabble. The crowd just claps but with obama its screams & cheers. Also p. diddy, puffy whateva you want to call him with his vote or die campaign in 2004 raised the percentage of young ppl 18-24 voting up to like 15-20% higher than 2000 election. As of right now obama seems to have the college vote, also hillary cant even probably win florida. I think obama can win florida, new mexico, & even north carolina or tennessee probably especially since harold ford jr. almost did. Im being realistic whites are more acceptable to lightskin or clean cut as joe biden would say when it comes to black men. Obama is not polarizing to whites like jesse jackson & al sharpton. I think edwards, & richardson are nice guys but they have no real chance. The race will come down to Obama vs Clinton in 08

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i don't particularly like either hillary or obama for president. i think obama talks a good talk and woos everyone with his smooth talking and charisma, but i'm not sure he'd have the guts to actually do the stuff he suggests. as others have already said, i think hillary is very divisive. the other thing i don't like about either of them is they're both very politics as usual. they'll divide the democrats leaving us wide open for attack, especially if someone like rudy guiliani gets in on the republican ticket (though he's the only one of them i wouldn't overly mind as he has several very liberal views). here's why neither of them will win (and this is gonna be quite blunt)... one's a woman and the other's a black muslim. it's quite sad, but there are still too many people in this country (females, blacks, and democrats included) who don't think a woman should have position of such power and who just don't like or trust blacks or muslims. while i'm certainly not one of them (my reasons for not being particularly fond of either are stated above), i just don't like their politics.

i think edwards has the best chance of winning, but i'm all about kucinich who has the most radical platform. sure, he stands no chance in hell, but i'm all about real change. he's got my vote in the primary, though whoever wins the primary has my vote in the general election.

well, regardless of what religion obama is or is not (as religion of the president makes no difference to me), i still feel that obama would be politics as usual and is using his speaking ability and charisma to woo people into thinking he's a whole lot different than everyone else. after all, that's the whole point of the primary and presidential elections. once you get elected, you can become whoever you want without hiding. politics in this country have become a joke. why do all these people need to run under the ticket they want? why not just let them all run for president unaffiliated. is it necessary to have a party affiliation? i'm all for change, but none of the candidates running really offer much of it.

though i'm all for kucinich, i think john edwards is the guy to beat.

I must say, Hillary's performance as a presidential candidate has been quite surprising to me.

I figured she was a polticial novelty, a temporary campaign sideshow, a fun reminder of ol' Billy.........but I'm having to rethink my previous ideas. I saw polls last night that blew me away----among Hispanics in a Hillary vs. Guliani matcheup, Hillary wins 65-33. With black voters the same matchup Hillary wins 88-8

Hillary continues to lead Obama in African American polls. Every debate so far has been a Hillary triumph. Her public speaking has become noticeably better. On TV she looks awsome these days. Is she unstoppable?

^I've been saying all along that Hillary's detractors underestimate her at their own risk. She is far from the liberal that her opponents make her out to be, and both her record and her campaign platform appeal to a wide range of people, if they bother to look themselves. Further, the GOP's favorite strategy of smearing their opponent will be ineffective against her. They've been smearing her for fifteen years now. She is a known commodity, both in her strengths and her faults. What are they going to throw at her that voters haven't heard a hundred times already?

I'm voting Hillary, even though I wished there was a true firebrand progressive that would win.

We can't have a more firebrand progressive until campaign finance is turned upside down and we have public financing of campaigns. Once you get big major special interest money out of all political parties, you'll see the two major parties represent their interests more freely.

Republicans should support public financing of campaigns, because its obvious conservative interests aren't being represented in the Republican party much like liberal interests aren't being represented in the Democratic party anymore.

If our own political parties can't support our values because of big money, it undermines everyone's confidence.

• 2 weeks later...
I'd like to think that Hillary's lead in African American polls underscores the fact that black voters are sophisticated enough to elect a candidate on the basis of merit rather than skin color.

Do you care to share the disheartening reasons you understand for Hillary's lead in the black community?

I'd like to think that Hillary's lead in African American polls underscores the fact that black voters are sophisticated enough to elect a candidate on the basis of merit rather than skin color.

Do you care to share the disheartening reasons you understand for Hillary's lead in the black community?

The inconvenient and unsettling truth to most forumers on this thread is the strong probability that Hillary will be elected President of the United States. The only reason this is not a lock at this point is that dreaded "vast right wing conspiracy" who could still dig-up enough dirt ("L"-word, anyone?) on Hillary to sabotage her election. But barring any unforseen circumstances (including a huge blunder on her part), HRC will be - like it or not - elected president for the following (3 major) reasons:

1- WAR FATIGUE - Her voting record notwithstanding, a democratic mindset in the White House would enhance/expedite the return of the troops from Iraq.

2- NOVELTY OF A FEMALE PRESIDENT - If this country is ever going to elect a woman for president during the current generation, this is a rare and golden opportunity.

3- THE CLINTON NAME - Except it's not only the name. If Hillary was not the first lady to one of the most illustrious presidencies (excluding the Lewinsky affair) in U. S. history, her last name wouldn't have made any difference. Bill Clinton's popularity (even in his darkest hour) and stewardship during 8 years of economic prosperity ("It's the economy, stupid") is not to be taken lightly. The electorate will decide that despite any short-coming either spouse might have, getting Bill back in the Whitehouse, even as only "First Gentleman" can't hurt...

Of course, the preceeding are not the only reasons Hillary will be elected, just the most compelling! In fact, if Hillary is not elected president - given only what we know today - I'll return to this thread to "eat crow."

On an unrelated footnote, It would be interesting to see how long this post remains online. The last time I expressed similar opinions, the mods/administrators deleted (censored) my post (free speech) within 24 hours.

The inconvenient and unsettling truth to most forumers on this thread is the strong probability that Hillary will be elected President of the United States. The only reason this is not a lock at this point is that dreaded "vast right wing conspiracy" who could still dig-up enough dirt ("L"-word, anyone?) on Hillary to sabotage her election. But barring any unforseen circumstances (including a huge blunder on her part), HRC will be - like it or not - elected president for the following (3 major) reasons:

1- WAR FATIGUE - Her voting record notwithstanding, a democratic mindset in the White House would enhance/expedite the return of the troops from Iraq.

2- NOVELTY OF A FEMALE PRESIDENT - If this country is ever going to elect a woman for president during the current generation, this is a rare and golden opportunity.

3- THE CLINTON NAME - Except it's not only the name. If Hillary was not the first lady to one of the most illustrious presidencies (excluding the Lewinsky affair) in U. S. history, her last name wouldn't have made any difference. Bill Clinton's popularity (even in his darkest hour) and stewardship during 8 years of economic prosperity ("It's the economy, stupid") is not to be taken lightly. The electorate will decide that despite any short-coming either spouse might have, getting Bill back in the Whitehouse, even as only "First Gentleman" can't hurt...

Of course, the preceeding are not the only reasons Hillary will be elected, just the most compelling! In fact, if Hillary is not elected president - given only what we know today - I'll return to this thread to "eat crow."

On an unrelated footnote, It would be interesting to see how long this post remains online. The last time I expressed similar opinions, the mods/administrators deleted (censored) my post (free speech) within 24 hours.

Archived