Downtown Greensboro to get a carousel

cityboi

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I actually have a contract on one of the units at The Gallery and they have told me this will just be an Arts Park across the street. The city has set aside $700,000 for the developemnt of this park. I just don't see this area as one where there will be many kids living. There is currently a new Seniors Home (Goler Manor) that is almost ready for residents. You must be 62 years old and you have to have a certain income to qualify for one of these apartments. I see most of the people living in this area as either young professionals or empty nesters; although it would be an idea location for a carousel, I just don't think the demographics will support it in this location.

when they build the carousel, hopefully they will keep all or most of those big trees. The landscape around the carousel would look so beautiful

4-26-0730.jpg

The location kinda reminds me of a town square in the middle of a small town. They couldnt have picked a better location for this merry-go-round.

merry2.jpg

here is a carousel in Syracuse, New York. Its also in a carousel house. There is something about the sound of carousel music. Greensboro's carousel house will have a consession stand so I imagine it will smell like you are at the fair with children eating popcorn and cotton candy:) at 10,000 square feet, it will be a nice size carousel house. I think there is a nostalgia and romance with carousels which ties in very well with the historic vibe of downtown Greensboro.

carousel in Central Park New York City

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

This is a waaaayy better location. Adds some infill along Church St (taking away part of the blighted lot that greets you when you walk out of the library); parking can be shared with the Children's Museum; and perhaps most significantly, they won't need to close a street to accommodate the thing.

Archived