Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JPKneworleans

Trump

6 posts in this topic

Does anyone have the real scoop on whether Trump is going forward? Clearly, I would love for it to go forward, but I really wonder whether there will be enough support for condos that are so high on the price per square foot basis.

I believe the committment is 100% and construction should start in the next couple of months. See letter from Donald Trump.

I believe the committment is 100% and construction should start in the next couple of months. See letter from Donald Trump.

^It was added about 5 weeks ago, directly after the tower was officially approved by the city. :thumbsup:

^It was added about 5 weeks ago, directly after the tower was officially approved by the city. :thumbsup:

I'm most definately a realist when it comes to this development, or any other major development, and I'm not exactly sure what would make you think I'm not. I am, however, very optomistic about the Trump project, as I have no real reason not to be. This project has been rolling ever since Katrina; it has been approved by every commission and board it faced, sales are supposedly going very well, financing is in place, and through all of this, the expected groundbreaking has been pretty stable, from first-second quarter 2007 estimates to the newer estimates of June.

Of course I will truly believe it when I see it, but it's hard not to get excited when a project this large does this well, even when something like Katrina seemingly impaires its chances of coming to fruition.