Gateway Tower

vdogg

Haha, well hopefully he will be announcing that the tower will begin construction in the next few months or something. Or that he has some bigger better plans! Who knows, maybe the tower will be higher than the Westin!! :D oh we can dream!

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From Louis Haddad:

Tower Two will break ground in 2008 as soon as Beacon leaves.

It will include:

Parking Garage

350k square feet of office space

40k square feet of retail space

NOT A TWIN but similar in size

21 stories roughly

NO SPIRE :D (Supposedly)

Trivia: most of the companies which have come there doubled their space when they moved to TC and are wanting to do it again! I will post a picture later!

YaY! Please hurry. I caught the very end of it at school but did not catch the rendering (and these headphones are broke so I couldn't hear a damn thing <_< ). Not a twin and no spire? What more could one ask for? :D Maybe our complaints were heard. :whistling:

350k is nothing to sneeze at. That's larger overall than AH isn't it? Damn, that's even larger than Wachovia. Only 21 floors? Sounds like it's fat. I can definitely deal with it though. :)

Hmmm well apparently I don't have the picture. Stupid print screen button didn't capture the image while it was streaming... Sorry! But you can find it in the archives and maybe figure out how to capture it?

:( The archives won't update till Wednesday. We'll just have to pray for a pilot article tommorrow. So, what did you think of how it looked?

Well it looked somewhat stumpy and likely to be the same colors as the AH tower. However, it looks as if it had a courtyard similar to the one in front of the PAC, as if there as an outlying building or something. It may have been Studio56 included in the rendering, couldn't really tell. Lets hope there is a better picture in the Pilot!

Oh, and he had also said that the building will "Dominate VB Blvd" from that location. It sounds like it will be right up on the street and I am guessing, because of its size and the size of the lot, that it will be pretty much that entire space. This makes me feel that the rendering really did include Studio56.

It might not be too bad. 350k and 21 floors works out to roughly 16,000 sq ft per floor. I think Trader is 20 K per floor and Wachovia will be the same. So it'll be less stumpy then Trader. It should have a pretty significant presence. Did they at least hide the garage well?

It might not be too bad. 350k and 21 floors works out to roughly 16,000 sq ft per floor. I think Trader is 20 K per floor and Wachovia will be the same. So it'll be less stumpy then Trader. It should have a pretty significant presence. Did they at least hide the garage well?

Lol, i'm picturing vdogg as a kid at home while his dad tries describing a toy over the phone, patience vdogg ^_^

Definitely sounds like a winner, even if i want a spire ;)

Lol, i'm picturing vdogg as a kid at home while his dad tries describing a toy over the phone, patience vdogg ^_^

Definitely sounds like a winner, even if i want a spire ;)

Haha, well this kid is quite disappointed because Santa Claus didn't come last night. The pilot offered up a lump of coal by not only not having a rendering in todays paper, but not having an article either. <_< Guess Michael Vick took up too much real estate today. Looks like we're waiting till Wednesday when I can watch the video and do the print screen capture myself. I use Gadwin print screen and it's able to get around that pesky problem with not being able to capture an image from windows media player.

From the view I had, I couldn't see the garage :)

The video is up and the tower looks awesome IMO. It has a maroon white and blue motif which I believe to be an attempt to play off of both studio 56 and AH. In full screen mode the tower looks to be in the 25 story range to me. Hard to tell because the top is mostly glass. Try as I might, I can't capture it though. I've got one more sneaky little trick I can try but in the mean time you guys should go to the website and see for yourselves.

Notice the similiarites for this and the other rendering (forget block number) for the block near the Cosmo.

tcii.jpg

846925261_c80e59265f_o.jpg

Also, I love the part in the video where Mr. Haddad says the building won't have a spire and he doesn't feel every building needs one. (Just maybe somebody has been reading our forums). :lol:

I don't think it's that similar. We really haven't seen enough angles to pass judgment. At either rate, they'll just have to make the one on block 11 a little different if that's the case. This is a pretty sleek looking building. 350k is a lot of space though and as you heard in the video most of it is already spoken for so perhaps plans for block 11 will be moved up also. I sure hope the pilot doesn't drag their feet on getting the hell out of there though :lol: Whether they break ground on time or not depends on how quickly the pilots space can be readied and how quickly they can move. They need to start working on that now. :D

Even better...the pic

0719beacon350x375.jpg

:wub: Looks like CMSS is finally turning a corner. Given the intial description, this could have been a lot worse. I think it looks modern, contemporary, and will stand out in a good way. I especially like the hint of brick accent, instead of the drab white/blue look, the brick makes it 'pop'.

Haddad said he anticipates the newspaper will be in its new offices by next summer. Ground on the new office tower could be broken soon after.

Haddad estimated the tower would have 350,000 square feet of office space and 40,000 square feet reserved for retail. It will look similar to the current Armada Hoffler tower, but without a spire.

So a year away from groundbreaking...

Archived