Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bruceman

Bell South Tower

14 posts in this topic

Just wondering if anyone knows why the Bell South tower has been in the dark at night lately? Also does anyone know when the Bell South logo will come down and be replaced with AT&T? I guess then it will be called the AT&T Tower :unsure: I think I'll just stick with Batman building. :)

Just wondering if anyone knows why the Bell South tower has been in the dark at night lately? Also does anyone know when the Bell South logo will come down and be replaced with AT&T? I guess then it will be called the AT&T Tower :unsure: I think I'll just stick with Batman building. :)

sad day :(

at&t is going to end up owning our lives soon, i just know it :scared:

yeah, i'm kinda wondering about that. anyone heard of Ma' Bell? isn't she why anti-trust laws were invented?

No, T was not the reason anti-trust laws arose. Those were brought about in response to the "robber baron" industrialists of the late 19th Century. True, anti-trust (once that can of worms was opened) was used against T.

I am of the frame of mind that the new AT&T logo will look quite nice ontop of that tower. It has a cleanliness about it that is cool and modern looking. I for one, like the change of scenery downtown. LOL!!

I would expect that their logo/sign would be their omnipresent globe... or rather the silhouette of one (the earth?) in horizontal blue lines.

I would expect that their logo/sign would be their omnipresent globe... or rather the silhouette of one (the earth?) in horizontal blue lines.

BellSouth didn't own the building. BellSouth built the building and immediately sold it after completion and signed a 99 year lease. Did AT&T buy it? If not, then the owner could keep the BellSouth logo up there as long as they wanted.

BellSouth didn't own the building. BellSouth built the building and immediately sold it after completion and signed a 99 year lease. Did AT&T buy it? If not, then the owner could keep the BellSouth logo up there as long as they wanted.

i'm just waiting for at&t to build a tower that is just one massive oppressing fist grabbing a phone coming out of the ground.

Wow, the building just changed hands not too long ago. I thought a mutal fund company or something like that bought it a few months back.