CONSTRUCTION THREAD: The Children's Museum

gs3

Heard last night that the construction of ImagiNation Children's Museum is not too far off. While in the old library building, the outside apparently will be totally redone in a "creative, fun" manner. The person I was talking to had seen some renderings and was impressed. Does anyone here have access to the renderings or any additional info?

Will be great to see this project underway, as this project will be another downtown tourist draw when complete. :thumbsup:

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's great to hear! I'm so glad the outside will get a makeover. It needs it. :whistling: Hopefully the Heritage Green, Pete Hollis Gateway, and the Hampton Pinckney Areas will continue to see more development...

Also, the History Museum says September 2007 is its opening date.

• 4 months later...

Great news! I saw the sign today too. Check out the website for the museum. Click on the galleries section and there are a few internal renderings and floorplan layouts. Looks like it wil be really nice. :thumbsup: Sounds like we still need $5MM though, and will take 18 months to complete.

"One of the largest in the southeast" ?? Doesn't Cola have a significantly larger one (this will be 79k ft)?

This is going to be such an improvement to the old Library building. I can't wait to see the doors open, people coming to Heritage Green, and the vitality of the area to be improved. Now there just needs to be some restaurants and retail in the area... :whistling: *Ahem* BB&T... redevelop your property or sell it to be redeveloped into a mixed-use building.... :fun:

The former library had three levels inside, so it is definitely sizable. It always seemed much nicer on the inside (curved staircases and a unique fountain) than the simple exterior suggests. I see this museum literally exploding with use and support once it finally opens. This metro area is thriving with families soaking up every fun opportunity available. Having several combined cultural amenities at Heritage Green will help it become an even better destination experience here in downtown.

Archived