CONSTRUCTION THREAD: The Children's Museum

gs3

All I can say it wow! I took my children to this museum on Saturday along with other family. Simply amazing! The kids didn't want to leave after 4 hours. It's worth every penny to see how happy they were. Glad to have this here.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Found out a littel more info about the museum this week, forgive me if some of this has already been posted. The $12 entry fee is actually significantly less than the operating costs to get each person through the door. The rest of the money is raised from donations and fundraising efforts. They currently have no grants though they are working on them at this time. The cost for school groups is $8 per person. They will not be allowing adults to come into the museum without a child (all adults must be accompanied by a child :silly: ) due to safety reasons, though they are considering having designated times for adults (when no kids will be allowed) due to high demand from adults without kids and adults who want to preview it. Also, they had over 1000 people show up for the first, 3rd Thursday last month, adn they will be capping it off at the first 700 hereafter to control the crowds. They will also be hosting traveling exhibits, with the first one coming this weekend (I think). And they will be adding a lot to the website though it may still be awhile before that is completed.

• 4 months later...

A little more info on the museum here. I was able to tour the museum a couple of weeks ago and I was very impressed! A kid (or adult) could easily spend the better part of a day in there and still want to go back. The museum is very interactive and also promotes health and smart eating choices, and there truly is something there for everybody. This is a huge addition to, not just Greenville, but the upstate. The $12 entry fee is well worth it for those able to afford it (Forego two trips to the movies for example).

They are still trying to arrange "adult days" where you can come in without children. There is a possibilty that the entry cost could be reduced some in the future, but right now they have not had enough time to build a financial base or endowments. And the updated website should be completed in the next few months. This has already become a favorite feild trip for area students

A little more info on the museum here. I was able to tour the museum a couple of weeks ago and I was very impressed! A kid (or adult) could easily spend the better part of a day in there and still want to go back. The museum is very interactive and also promotes health and smart eating choices, and there truly is something there for everybody. This is a huge addition to, not just Greenville, but the upstate. The $12 entry fee is well worth it for those able to afford it (Forego two trips to the movies for example).

They are still trying to arrange "adult days" where you can come in without children. There is a possibilty that the entry cost could be reduced some in the future, but right now they have not had enough time to build a financial base or endowments. And the updated website should be completed in the next few months. This has already become a favorite feild trip for area students

Archived