Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

vdogg

Two Columbus Center progress

73 posts in this topic

2ColumbusCntr.jpg

Now that the office space in The Town Center of Virginia Beach is completely occupied, two new buildings are on the drawing board. Two >Columbus Center, a five-story brick and glass building, will break ground in late 2007, with occupancy expected in mid-2008. At this point, 60 percent of the building is under negotiation to be pre-leased prior to the start of construction. It will include 13,577 square feet of first floor retail, and approximately 18,000 square feet of office space on each of the second through the fifth floors for a total of 85,795 square feet of gross leaseable space. The building will front onto Constitution Drive and Main Street, at one of the gateways into The Town Center.

Looks good for a small office building...

Looks small compared to surrounding buildings but that's ok. And kudos for the street level retail.

Yeah, it's small, but will a 22-story tower immediately across the street from it it's still help the areas density a bit.

Oops. Forgot to add a link to the article.

Phase IV set to begin

Isn't block 9 Tower Two? I can't see images from work and can't remember. If so might be nice to post this over there also. From the article:

All this, in turn, has advanced the plans for Block 9 which is anticipated to have two levels of retail with fashion on the ground floor, entertainment on the second floor and residential or office space above. The preliminary leasing of that block has started, and initial tenant reaction has been very strong.

Isn't block 9 Tower Two? I can't see images from work and can't remember. If so might be nice to post this over there also. From the article:

That would mean 3 buildings are in the works- block 9, block 11 (aka tower 2) and the 20 storey Pilot AH twin. That's a ton of space. Maybe you could move this conversation over to the main TC thread.

It's interesting to see this tiny lot to get a building but I can see why due to it's small footprint. It's really a no-brainer. ^_^

I'm surprised it won't be white/off-white with blue windows :lol:

Which once we put up a 22 storey office building to the left of it (right or wrong?)

Things are really starting to heat up again. It's about time! :camera:

Things are really starting to heat up again. It's about time! :camera:

That building belongs by all the offices in Lynnhaven, not as part of town center.

It reminds me a lot of the convergence center buildings off Bonney.

Is there a chance city walk can be built while all these buildings for town center are being built, or are we going to have to wait for town center to completely fill out?

Columbus Two looks like something off of ODU's University Village drawing board...like the Innovation Center or ODU's Bookstore.

The beacon lot doesn't have a lot number. The tower you posted is on block 11. Block 9 is that lot across from Cosmo with the tiny office building that's being used as a staging area.

Yes it does, Vdogg. Taco Bell is block 1, Beacon is block 2. It's on the master plan on the TC website.

Well, it looks pretty suburban to me but alas it's a smallish building and will be good infill for that little strip of land.

Hopefully, plans for tower two are soon to follow. I can't imagine it being too much longer if they wish to start in '08.