Northland/AEG to Run Rentschler

HartfordTycoon

Wonder how we all missed this from a few days ago. I wonder if Larry G is going to succeed and manage both. I personally think that would be a good thing as having a local minded firm should keep the focus on constantly improving the local market.

The management of Rentschler Field - the East Hartford stadium where the University of Connecticut plays football - was put into play this month when the future management of the Civic Center changed hands.

Last month, the Connecticut Development Authority decided to boot Madison Square Garden as its Civic Center manager and to invite a partnership between Northland Investment Corp. and AEG/Worldwide to take over. That change will happen this summer.

Courant Article

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wonder how we all missed this from a few days ago. I wonder if Larry G is going to succeed and manage both. I personally think that would be a good thing as having a local minded firm should keep the focus on constantly improving the local market.

The management of Rentschler Field - the East Hartford stadium where the University of Connecticut plays football - was put into play this month when the future management of the Civic Center changed hands.

Last month, the Connecticut Development Authority decided to boot Madison Square Garden as its Civic Center manager and to invite a partnership between Northland Investment Corp. and AEG/Worldwide to take over. That change will happen this summer.

Courant Article

Courant Article

• 1 month later...

Courant Article

MSG has been dumped from Rentschler now as well. Hopefully Northland/AEG make the rent an even better venue.

The state has bumped Madison Square Garden from its second Hartford area venue in three months, deciding to end the New York-based company's contract at Rentschler Field and award it to the partnership led by downtown's largest landowner.

The state announced Friday that a partnership between Northland Investment Corp. and AEG Facilities will take over the management of the East Hartford stadium as of July 1. The deal will pay the partnership $150,000 per year, plus incentives, to operate the facility.

Courant Article

MSG has been dumped from Rentschler now as well. Hopefully Northland/AEG make the rent an even better venue.

The state has bumped Madison Square Garden from its second Hartford area venue in three months, deciding to end the New York-based company's contract at Rentschler Field and award it to the partnership led by downtown's largest landowner.

The state announced Friday that a partnership between Northland Investment Corp. and AEG Facilities will take over the management of the East Hartford stadium as of July 1. The deal will pay the partnership $150,000 per year, plus incentives, to operate the facility.

Archived