What will take over the CompUSA building?

fsubelch

Liquidation Sale Marks CompUSA's Closing

The paper reveals what we've been discussing here for quite some time and gives some information on opportunities to get a good deal on some consumer electronics, indicating that currently customers are saving as much as 30% on some items and that future reductions are very likely.

Source: TDO.com

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was enticed by 25% off webcams... I was on my way to the register when I had second thoughts and decided to look up the camera on my Blackberry. Turns out that even after 25% off, the camera was STILL $20 more than what I could by from Amazon.com. Then I got curious and noticed a price tag on top of a price tag. The visible tag... $99.99 The tag underneath? $79.99!!

Are they marking things up just to make it seem like a big deal to get 25% off?!?!

I was enticed by 25% off webcams... I was on my way to the register when I had second thoughts and decided to look up the camera on my Blackberry. Turns out that even after 25% off, the camera was STILL $20 more than what I could by from Amazon.com. Then I got curious and noticed a price tag on top of a price tag. The visible tag... $99.99 The tag underneath? $79.99!!

Are they marking things up just to make it seem like a big deal to get 25% off?!?!

• 1 month later...

I saw many movies there too during my college days. I believe the place was called Capitol Cinemas 4. I thought they always showed Rocky Horror at the Varsity where Chubby's: Two Phat Nightclubs in One is located now? However I maybe wrong about that since every time I went to see Rocky Horror, things were always a little fuzzy.

Church in an active movie theatre? I'd be hungry the whole time b/c of the smell of buttered popcorn and then there's that problem of getting gum and sticky soda all over your Sunday shoes.

Yep...Capitol Cinemas if memory serves. I remember seeing the original Star Wars there when it was first released. They used to run Rocky Horror at midnight every Saturday. There was a big crew that never missed it (not me).

• 1 month later...

I hate seeing this big box empty.... but knowing tallys record of great re use...... I think several people are looking at the property... Perhaps they can build up and enhance visibility.

Archived